“Wonderfully fresh food”

Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing
Ranked #160 of 1,379 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Cantina Laredo is known for having Omaha's best margaritas and Top Shelf Guacamole prepared tableside. The menu features modern Mexican dishes served in a sophisticated atmosphere. Enjoy daily fish specials, amazing enchiladas, tacos and fajitas. With a menu of constantly changing specialty margaritas and a variety of hard-to-find premium tequilas, the bar is a happening Happy Hour hot spot. Sunday Brunch is to-die-for. In the warmer months, bring Fido along to enjoy our dog-friendly outdoor patio. Can't decide what to order? Start out with a Casa 'Rita and Top Shelf Guacamole. For lunch, savor the Carnitas Tacos or Enchiladas Veracruz. At dinner, try the Chipotle Chicken Fajitas or Carne Asada with chimichurri sauce. Choose from many delicious vegetarian options, like Avocado Enchiladas. For dessert, the decadent, sizzling Mexican Brownie helps you say "adios" - until next time, that is! Planning a party? Reserve the elegant private dining room. There's no minimum and no room fee. The space includes a sound and video system and seats 36. Or, reserve a spot on the outdoor patio, overlooking beautiful Turner Park. The shaded patio is available for groups of up to 64. Please reserve early.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The service was excellent, the food fresh and portions were perfect for lunch. The guacamole was awesome.

1  Thank Tammi D

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The food was not that bad. It wasn't the quickest service and our waitress gave us our check and didn't even ask us if we wanted dessert, she just assumed we were done, so my daughter never got to have Mexican Ice Cream. Usually you would think a server would ask about dessert but not our server.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We love The fajitas at this place. We split the beef and chicken fajitas with the corn tortillas each time we go. It is the best and freshest in the town and we both love this place. Cantina Laredo gives you two types of salsa one warm and one cold when you sit down to enjoy. Both of the salsas are extremely good. I'd bypass getting the tacos and go straight to the fajitas.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I recently visited Cantina Laredo in Omaha's Midtown Crossing. If you have not been to the Midtown Crossing area, it is an eclectic collection of retail, restaurants, a hotel, condo/apartments and a huge green space where concerts are held including Omaha's Jazz on the Green during the summer.

Everyone starts out with chips and salsa. There are two kinds of salsa, a mild and a VERY spicy. I'm a wimp when it comes to spice, and my husband loves spice, so he said the spicy was just right. We ordered the Top Shelf Gaucamole, which is made table-side ($8.95). Making a dish table-side used to be fairly common in restaurants, but has gone by the wayside. I'm not sure why, because it is something we really enjoy. Our waiter was a very nice young man who was super attentive to us and very helpful with menu recommendations.

The guac is excellent. I am not usually a fan, but this guac is really, really good, even for those of us that aren't fans. And, we got more chips. The chips at Cantina Laredo are AWESOME. We called them crack chips because we just could not stop eating them! The guac is not too spicy, but just a mild kick from the fresh jalapeno. It is a combination of creamy/chunky goodness and those chips........$8.95 may seem a bit on the high side for an appetizer, but it is definitely worth it. And those chips.....

I ordered the Tacos de Pollo ($12.95). They are made with Fajita chicken with avocado, pico de gallo, queso fresco and poblano drizzle. The queso fresco is delicious! The tacos were loaded with chicken and very tasty.

My husband had a taco combination - One with slow-roasted pork with chipotle wine sauce. This chipotle wine sauce is not for the faint of heart. Even my husband, who loves spicy, said it was a bit spicy, which means to me, it's going to burn my lips off. I tasted just a bit of it and my lips were numb! Of course, I had a Milagro Blackberry Smash margarita, made with Milagro Silver, lime and mint, muddled with blackberries and agave nectar ($11.75 - expensive, but worth it - it's huge) to cool my lips! The second taco on the plate was the Taco de Pescado, consisting of Mahi Mahi with marinated vegetables, queso fresco and chipotle aioli. The third was the Pollo. The spicy one was his favorite, of course. The Pescado his least favorite. He loves fish, but just wasn't that impressed with the Mahi Mahi.

At the end of our meal, our waiter bagged up our leftover chips (actually I think he added more to them because we couldn't have had a whole bag of them left), put our salsas and queso dip in containers and made a nice to go bag for us.

The atmosphere here is great. The have a nice bar area, TV's everywhere, and a beautiful patio area that overlooks the "green space" area of Midtown Crossing. There is a nice raised firepit table on the patio that would be really nice to sit around during the "chillier" days/nights that are here in the Midwest now.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great food and service. Nice atmosphere. I had the fajita chicken salad and the cilantro lime dressing was incredible. Would certainly eat again.