“Always reliable”
Review of 801 Chophouse

801 Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
801 Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 14th and Farnam
Description: 801 Chophouse at the Paxton is inspired by the classic 1920's New York Chophouse. 801 Chophouse Omaha's masculine interior is highlighted with dark woods, marble and granite accents, brass fixtures, dual pane frosted glass and white linens. 801 Chophouse showcases only U.S.D.A. Prime Grade beef and jet-fresh seafood. The bar offers an array of world class wines, single malt scotches, crafty cocktails and after dinner cognacs. As our guest, you will be given 801 Chophouse top notch professional service. Reserve one of the four Private dining rooms, seating eight to forty guests, to host your next soiree.
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great bar environment. Always a good, predictable meal. If you have one business night downtown, this is a good choice for a steak in Omaha. Staff is excellent.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Couldn't have been happier with my meal. Bone-in ribeye, garlic mashed potatoes & creamed spinach au gratin with a Stags Leap cab served by the glass. A PERECT meal after a long day of driving across Nebraska. The creamed spinach may have been the best I've ever had.

1  Thank VerradoJohn
Reviewed May 10, 2014

First, I'll say the fois gras appetizer was Ah-mazing. We ordered a bone in NY strip, medium rare. It was the best steak I've ever eaten. And I've eaten a lot! The steak was seared at 1700 degrees, the server explained, hotter than most. The baked potato was huge enough for two. Didn't care for the Brussels sprouts, though. It didn't ruin my meal, as you can tell from my rating. Very pricey. Our meal, with tip, was over $300 and we don't drink! But I would do it again!

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in many steak houses over the years and this one was the best yet. ..perfectly cooked and awesome presentation. The service was excellent and the sides and appetizers also very good.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

too much salt and too expensive considering what you get. The restaurant has a good name, and food is OK, but overpriced. Also the side dish was OK, but also pricey and salty. The cook ought to be more thrifty with salt and let guest themselves add extra if needed.
All in all I would say between so-so and OK, but not when one considering the overpriced food.

1  Thank AirportWB

Been to 801 Chophouse? Share your experiences!