“Overpriced”
Review of 801 Chophouse

801 Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
801 Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,379 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 14th and Farnam
Description: 801 Chophouse at the Paxton is inspired by the classic 1920's New York Chophouse. 801 Chophouse Omaha's masculine interior is highlighted with dark woods, marble and granite accents, brass fixtures, dual pane frosted glass and white linens. 801 Chophouse showcases only U.S.D.A. Prime Grade beef and jet-fresh seafood. The bar offers an array of world class wines, single malt scotches, crafty cocktails and after dinner cognacs. As our guest, you will be given 801 Chophouse top notch professional service. Reserve one of the four Private dining rooms, seating eight to forty guests, to host your next soiree.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The service was good but not exceptional. I would expect more when paying $100 per plate for what I would consider a basic dinner. Caesar salad- nothing special in fact quite plain. Grilled asparagus @ $12. My $40 filet served looking very lonely on the large white plate. Its a steak house. Surroundings are attractive if you like that big gold BULL. Felt like I was either on Wall Street or ready to worship a golden Apis Bull. The food was good but nothing special. We ordered the chocolate souffle for dessert. Again, nothing special. If I am thinking fine dining it would not be at the top of my list.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a nice plce to entertain for business and they havegreat servers. You can definitely see a team effort with the bar and servers. They know when and when not to approach. A little pricey but food above average

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had a great dinner here on election day. Great service and the steaks were superb. One of the best beef dinners we have had. Decor was excellent for an old time steak house. Lot of wood and had an old time feeling. In the bottom of an old Omaha landmark hotel. One dessert (carrott cake) was enough for four to share.....Expensive but worth it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We met family to celebrate a birthday. The service and atmosphere was amazing, the food was good. It was like going out to eat in the 50's that's how much service you received. The portions are family portions so be sure to share the side dishes. I had the crab cake which was amazing. We had a lot of fun.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband & I went to 801 Chophouse at the Paxton in downtown Omaha for dinner. Our server was Michael. It was the best steak I've ever had! Michael was excellent and is a server we request for all business dinners. If you are visiting Omaha, you can't go wrong eating here!

Been to 801 Chophouse? Share your experiences!