“Best steak & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 801 Chophouse

801 Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
801 Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,338 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 14th and Farnam
Description: 801 Chophouse at the Paxton is inspired by the classic 1920's New York Chophouse. 801 Chophouse Omaha's masculine interior is highlighted with dark woods, marble and granite accents, brass fixtures, dual pane frosted glass and white linens. 801 Chophouse showcases only U.S.D.A. Prime Grade beef and jet-fresh seafood. The bar offers an array of world class wines, single malt scotches, crafty cocktails and after dinner cognacs. As our guest, you will be given 801 Chophouse top notch professional service. Reserve one of the four Private dining rooms, seating eight to forty guests, to host your next soiree.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Best steak & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband & I went to 801 Chophouse at the Paxton in downtown Omaha for dinner. Our server was Michael. It was the best steak I've ever had! Michael was excellent and is a server we request for all business dinners. If you are visiting Omaha, you can't go wrong eating here!

• Visited November 2012

Harrisburg, PA
“Hands down, best steak I ever ate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Service was top notch, very attentive and helpful. Bone in delmonico (medium - rare) was best cooked and tasting steak ever. Fat metled like butter. Meat flavorful and tender. Had sides of asparagus, mashed potatoes and something else, but quite frankly, we didnt even really eat the sides after feasting on the steaks - nothing else mattered. Exact steak Ive always looked for. Not sure of pricing however since someone else paid. Had a grand marnier souffle for desert, excellent as well - definitely recommend with the vanilla sauce.

Go here, you will be happy.

• Visited October 2012
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Beef the Old School Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love eating at the bar here, as the bar tender is a Sommelier in training and I have learned so much from the conversation. The food is second to none. I do like Sullivan's very much but for me the brilliant influence from the bar staff greatly compliments the delicious steaks.

Very convenient to walk to 801 from most downtown hotels.

• Visited October 2012
Spring, Texas
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I ate at the bar and had just an outstanding meal. I took the bartenders suggestion on just about every aspect and he was spot on...... He even picked my wine based on what I told him I liked.

Visited October 2012
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Great Atmosphere & Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We LOVED the 801 Chophouse at the Paxton. The service was top notch and the atmosphere is very "old school, with an upscale feel". We couldn't have been happier with the service. The food was really good, the ribeye was extremely flavorful! What will bring us back is the service and atmosphere! Thanks again 801!

• Visited August 2012

Been to 801 Chophouse? Share your experiences!