“Beef the Old School Way”
Review of 801 Chophouse

801 Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
801 Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 14th and Farnam
Description: 801 Chophouse at the Paxton is inspired by the classic 1920's New York Chophouse. 801 Chophouse Omaha's masculine interior is highlighted with dark woods, marble and granite accents, brass fixtures, dual pane frosted glass and white linens. 801 Chophouse showcases only U.S.D.A. Prime Grade beef and jet-fresh seafood. The bar offers an array of world class wines, single malt scotches, crafty cocktails and after dinner cognacs. As our guest, you will be given 801 Chophouse top notch professional service. Reserve one of the four Private dining rooms, seating eight to forty guests, to host your next soiree.
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Beef the Old School Way”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love eating at the bar here, as the bar tender is a Sommelier in training and I have learned so much from the conversation. The food is second to none. I do like Sullivan's very much but for me the brilliant influence from the bar staff greatly compliments the delicious steaks.

Very convenient to walk to 801 from most downtown hotels.

• Visited October 2012

Spring, Texas
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I ate at the bar and had just an outstanding meal. I took the bartenders suggestion on just about every aspect and he was spot on...... He even picked my wine based on what I told him I liked.

Visited October 2012
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Great Atmosphere & Service!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We LOVED the 801 Chophouse at the Paxton. The service was top notch and the atmosphere is very "old school, with an upscale feel". We couldn't have been happier with the service. The food was really good, the ribeye was extremely flavorful! What will bring us back is the service and atmosphere! Thanks again 801!

• Visited August 2012
Sacramento, California
“Classic Steakhouse.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We asked every local we could. What is the best steakhouse in Omaha? All said 801 Chophouse. We weren't disappointed. Classic dark wood decor, wet aged beef, fork tender and succulent. The crabcakes were as good as any in Maryland and the Macaroni and cheese equal to the steaks. I've got to mention the French Green Beans. I get these wherever I can and these knocked me out. 5 stars is hardly enough!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank 13boxers13
Orlando, Florida
“One of the best steak houses in the country”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I am a beef lover, especially New York strip steak. I have had the privilege to have eaten in some of the finest steak restaurants in the county. Peter Lugers in New York city along with Gallagher’s and the Palm come to mind. I would also add St. Elmo’s in Indianapolis and Tony’s in St. Louis as the best of the best. Now I have to add the 801 Chop House in Omaha to the list. These restaurants offer more than just prime beef they create a dining experience. the decor,the service and the ambience make the cost for eating there worth every dollar you spend and they are expensive.

The 801 New York strip is superb and grilled to perfection. I ordered the Caesar salad and it was stellar. slices of anchovy were included along with a strip fried parmesan cheese. thin slices of crispy croutons were added Instead of chunks of croutons,. This was one of the best Caesar salads I have ever had. wine by the glass is available, also expensive but worth it and the pour is generous. I opted for The Klinker Brick
‘Old Ghost ‘ Zinfandel that went extremely well with my steak. If you are a steak lover and have the opportunity to visit Omaha save some money and treat yourself to one of the finest steak houses in the country.

• Visited September 2012

Been to 801 Chophouse? Share your experiences!