“Improved but still not as good as it used to be”
Review of Jimi D's

Jimi D's
Ranked #124 of 1,366 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Italian
Description: (402) 391-2011
Description: (402) 391-2011
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a return visit and the shrimp diavlo was better that last visit but still not as good as it used to be. Still lacking in pepper heat, garlic, olive oil, and wine and too heavy in tomato sauce and paste. The Midway sandwich was very good but could have used a little more filling.

If I did not have the prior visits to relate to I might not be so harsh on the shrimp. I hate to see quality slip in a semi hidden gem.

3  Thank kardmania
There are newer reviews for Jimi D's

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This visit was a major disappointment.

The Shrimp Fra Diavolo has been excellent the prior 3 times we have ordered it so we were really looking forward to dining at Jimi D's. This time the diavolo was missing and replaced with chef Boyardee. The sauce that has always been excellent was bland. The shrimps were also visibly smaller.

I am not sure if they changed chefs. This establishment has been rock solid. The ranch salad dressing was good. The place has always been very full and was not so full last night makes me wonder.

Our expectations were high based on our past excellent experience. The food was not so bad that that it should be thrown out but it reminded me more of the food served at an institutional cafeteria. I hope that this was a hiccup rather than the new norm. What happened to the old Shrimp Fra Diavolo at Jimi D's?

3  Thank kardmania
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Sat at the bar. Service quick. Beer cold. Nice TV's right there, right there. Interested place. Decor hanging from the ceiling, video games shuffle board type table game. Looks like a really nice dining room. Owner cruised around pouring drinks, chatting with clients.
My MIdway sandwich and sweet potato fries were really really good as others reviews have said. Overall a reasonably priced, good experience

1  Thank CrazyinCA
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband, adult daughter, and I had lunch at Jimi D's this afternoon. What an excellent choice for lunch!! I started my lunch with the chicken tortilla soup, and it was probably the best soup I have ever had!! Great flavor, lots of chicken, peppers, celery, tortilla strips, and I am not sure what else. My only regret is that it was not served with crackers or anything....especially when we saw a different waitress bring the gentleman at the next table the same soup with a piece of bread on the side of the plate. My husband had the French Onion soup, and he thought his soup was outstanding. Our entrees included fish tacos, a chicken ciabatta sandwich, and a burger. We all enjoyed the food. This is definitely a restaurant we will be eager to visit again. The owner even came to our table to make sure evereything had been alright.Great lunch!!!

3  Thank ludwick2002
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A good place for wheelchair or disable persons. Very roomy, nice large windows to gaze out of, not crowded or bumping into people or things.
Food is a little pricey and it is gear towards youthful people. Loud music playing.
When I went there were not many people there so I don't understand why the service was so slow. The waitress was suppose to bring ketchup after bring me my lunch but never brought it.
The reuben sandwich that I order was so delicious and because of that I probably would give this place another try and recommend it to others.

1  Thank Mary S

Been to Jimi D's? Share your experiences!