“My favorite restaurant in Omaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jimi D's

Jimi D's
Ranked #162 of 1,338 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: (402) 391-2011
Minneapolis, MN
“My favorite restaurant in Omaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in Omaha, and with good reason.

First, the food and service has always been good when I've gone. Actually, I should say the service is always excellent, not just "good". I am always seated promptly and the wait staff checks on you just the right amount - enough that you get refills without asking and can ask for something you need without waiting forever, but not so much that you are constantly interrupted or annoyed by it. Most of the times I have been there, the owner has even come around to each table and asked how the service is.

The food is always great, and is priced fairly. You can expect to spend $10-15 for most entrees, though there are some that can be more expensive than that. They also have fairly priced appetizers, desserts and beverages. I LOVE that they will cook any menu item to order, and they have gladly accomodated the dietary constraints of my dining companions on more than one occasion. On one occasion, the chef even came out to clarify the order and then followed up after the first few bites to make sure everything was okay.

My favorite things to eat there are the gnocchi bites for an appetizer and the chicken piccata for an entree. Their tiramisu and sweet potato fries are great, too!

They have a wonderful outdoor patio for dining. Also, they have nicely stocked bar and a shuffleboard table which is fun. The decor is a fun - very contemporary and a bit eclectic.

I love supporting locally-owned and family-owned businesses and this fits the bill. The owner's sister waits tables there and she has talked about how many of the recipes come from their Italian ancestors. While lot of the menu items are Italian, you can also find a nice selection of salads, burgers, and sandwiches here.

This is definitely a great place for couples, hanging out for drinks, dining with friends, and even business transactions. While there isn't a kids menu that I noticed, I think well-behaved children would not be out of place. The dress is definitely casual.

• Visited June 2012

Omaha, Nebraska, USA
“Average to sub-par food, very good service, fun atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

We have been at Jimi' D's three times in the past three months. It is a favorite of one of our family members and near their home.

On our most recent visit, Sunday lunch in late February, the food was below average but the service very attentive.

On a visit for dinner on a Friday night in early February, the food was average and the service, again, attentive.

The food, for the most part, is not bad, but lacks basic seasoning and flair. On our recent lunch visit, I had a Caesar salad with grilled chicken. The salad had bottled dressing and Parmesan cheese from a bag. The chicken had no flavor and was clearly heavily processed. The three other diners in my group had sandwiches, each of which was served hot but lacking in any flavor. However, on a positive note, the sweet potato fries were as good as advertised.

When we went for dinner earlier in the month, I had the linguini with clam sauce. There were plenty of clams, but the sauce was much too thick and much too rich. The pasta was overcooked as well. My wife had fish and chips which she said was tasty but difficult to eat because as soon as she tried to cut a piece of the fish, all of the breading fell off. Service was good and attentive, but the food was nothing special at all.

Each time we've been at Jimi D's, there has been a large crowd of diners and the place has a great atmosphere.

If you want average food served by friendly staff in a fun, neighborhood locale, Jimi D's is adequate. However, given the plethora of high quality restaurant options in Omaha, I believe there are many better choices then Jimi D's.

Nebraska
“Sweet Potato Fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

I went here for lunch with a co-worker during a conference at the Ramada. The sweet potato fries were cooked to perfection. They have a good choice of sandwiches and other entrees. My friend had the Reuben and said it was great. If I am in Omaha again, I am going to try some of the other items on their menu. I will recommend this place to everyone.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Excellent Sandwiches and suprisingly nice atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

I had driven by this restaurant a hundred times, but never gave it much notice, partially due to its location in a strip mall. However, a friend took me here last night and I was impressed. The atmosphere is suprisingly very nice! The service was good! But the sandwiches were amazing! I don't know about any of their entrees, but this seems like the place to go for sandwiches. I had the Italian Grilled Cheese with prosciutto which was amazing! I plan to go back and try many of the other sandwiches! Reasonably priced too!

Omaha, Nebraska
“Consistently good food, friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Jimi D's is becoming one of my favorite restaurants. Not only is it close to my neighborhood, but I have always had really good meals there. The food is consistently good....my favorite being the 'house soup". This is a delicious, spicy soup made up of sausage, white beans and kale. I get it everytime I go there to eat.

The special today was a chicken sandwich....but it was not just any chicken sandwich. It was a perfectly prepared chicken breast on a ciabatta roll, dressed with guacamole, bacon, cheese and leaf lettuce. Absolutely delicious! The menu is somewhat small, but everything is good. I really enjoy their daily specials, however.

The waitresses are always efficient and accomodating. Usually, you are greeted by Jimi D., or he will stop by your table to make certain everything is good. I love this neighborhood restaurant!

• Visited October 2011