“Superb hotel”

Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
Ranked #24 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 24, 2014

If you want accommodation, excellent service and everything you ever wanted book this hotel for your next stay! The staff was very friendly and the food was delicious! Thanks for a great time and the "green, natural" experience. A+

• Stayed: March 2014
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

We appreciate your positive feedback, thank you for sharing. It is wonderful to hear that our friendly associates and amenities were able to make your stay very memorable. Our commit to quality service and Eco-friendly practices create a modern environment and we are happy to learn it exceeded your expectations. We can’t wait to invite you back for another great stay. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here quite a few times in the past. The staff is always very personable and make you feel welcome. The rooms are very large with comfortable beds and a kitchen area. Love the shower. The free breakfast is wonderful. So many choices, healthy choices at that! It's nice to have the option of having warm food instead of the typical.
I have to comment though, I don't know what the sound was but all night long it sounded like a door was being slammed outside of my room on the 5th floor. I know it wasn't any other guests though because it was a consistent bang about every 4 minutes all night long. Made it very difficult to sleep. It wouldn't prevent me from staying again because I've never heard it any of my other stays.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I might have had too high of expectations on our two night stay, that would have been formed from the hotel web site and reviews that I found, but I was a little disappointed in the hotel. My biggest complaint is that you have to pay for parking (I knew this ahead of time)! Coming from the wide open spaces of Nebraska, we kind of expect free parking, except when we visit large cities (Chicago in mind). I know that space is of a premium at Midtown Crossing, but I still think that the hotel could provide free parking for their guests in the parking garage. I was disappointed that the hallways show so much wear and tear and that the room wasn't as clean as I had expected. The rooms are modern and cute, and the kitchenette concept is great, but the glasses, dishes, silverware, etc. should not be left out on open shelves to get dusty! There no other glasses in the room, other than the actual glass glasses in the kitchen, and ours were stored up-turned and were dusty! The loveseat/sofa in our room was kind of dingy looking and that makes you hesitate in lounging around on it. And the long, dark hair that we found right away on our white sheets was off putting. The bed, however, was comfortable and the bathroom was nice, especially the shower. I was happy to finally find a hotel that starts out with darker colored tile and grout on the bathroom floor. There is nothing worse in a bathroom to me than to have light grout that is darkened by traffic, dirt, and who knows what else in a bathroom! I was also happy to find that the rooms were light and fairly bright. The breakfast each morning was adequate and there were quite a few choices. The fresh fruit was nice and their hot entrees were appreciated. The service was a little slow the two weekend mornings that we were there, so don't always expect to dash in and out. I would stay here again if I had to, but might look for hotels higher up the list in Omaha next time.

Room Tip: We were in room 800, at the far end of Siberia, so if you don't like or can't walk long dist...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kleenfreek
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Hotel was in a great location. Very clean and each room has a full kitchen. Breakfast is included each morning. Since this is a limited service property, I would definitely make plans to grocery shop in the market attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

We appreciate the time you took to share your review. We are happy to hear our convenient full kitchens in our guest rooms fit your needs well and you enjoyed our ideal location set in the heart of Midtown Crossing. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Omaha so that we may provide you with another exceptional stay. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I recently stayed here for the first time. Personal visit to Omaha for four days. I loved the layout of my room and the added benefit of the small but very complete kitchen. The bathroom was to die for. I had a lovely corner room (thank you to the desk staff) and it was very quiet even being on Dodge street.
I only had breakfast once and considered it to be average and not the healthy options the in room propaganda or the website touted. The pantry is a very nice benefit but being adjacent to the wonderful grocery store is the best of all. Parking was so convenient and easy for someone who needed to come and go during the days.
I used the workout area several times and thought it was great.

My only gripe with the hotel was that my living room furniture was dirty and stained. I pointed it out to the desk staff and they immediately steam cleaned the furniture. The furniture is really light colored and there aren't good pieces of furniture for eating in this style of room. I imagine they might have this problem frequently. But for service recovery, they get two thumbs up.

I would stay here again and hope to take advantage of more of the area in better weather. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice! This hotel seems to have a lot of different room options so I would call or...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2014

For Valentine's Day 2014, I decided to take the wife for a nice evening in Omaha. Close to home, but don't have to worry about driving home. We got a great deal on the room, which had a King bed, sofa, flat screen, full size fridge, microwave, stove top, dishwasher, large shower. Everything is very modern looking, and the room was clean. Our room on the 7th floor, room 735, looked out over Turner Park, which is nicely decorated and lit up at night. The service was very professional, and pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was a mix of cereal, bakery, fruit, pancakes, white cranberry, apple, and orange juice, and the only drawback was dry egg/cheese/bacon biscuits. There is a nice lobby area with plenty of seating, a large TV, and two computers to use for free. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel overall is contemporary and clean, they are big on the green initiative. The room was big enough and had full kitchen amenities. Overall, a very pleasant stay. I would recommend staying at this hotel. The breakfast was absolutely wonderful and fresh!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple