“I wanted to like it, but....”

Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
Ranked #24 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Housekeeping HAS to improve. Both my co-worker and I got back to our room at 7 PM to find no housekeeping. Asked about it at the front desk and they were clueless that our room was not cleaned. Housekeeper came to make up room, but bed wasn't made.

Bed is super comfortable. if we were staying longer the full kitchen would be great.

Room service is from a local resturant, but they can't charge to your room??? (Hint, that's just resturant delivery, not room service )

Evening drinks/food and breakfast were nice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CarolLeeAtlanta

Reviewed January 10, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in the Westin Element chain. I stay there whenever I am passing through the area. The one-bedroom suites are especially nice and not that expensive. The restaurant is next to a a great restaurant, The Grey Plume, which is the greenest restaurant in the US and has amazing, creative, locally-sourced food. The combination is a magnet for me when in town. My only complaint is that front desk staff is not that responsive. I reserved a one-bedroom suite and we were instead given a room with two queens. The fellow on duty said we had reserved a handicapped room and he had decided we did not need it, but that was not the case, first of all, and second, how did he know whether we needed one, and why didn't he ask before putting us in a room with two queens that was different than the grade of room we had reserved and expected to pay for? He then said no other king suites were available and switched us to another room, but not the kind I had wanted or reserved. I also asked for a quiet private room on a high floor and ended up with a room on the second floor that overlooked the front entrance and a busy parking lot. But if you can get the staff to give you the kind of room you want, the rooms themselves are very nice and comfortable and in a great area.

Room Tip: Ask for a one-bedroom suite facing away from front entrance and parking lots.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We have stayed here 4 or 5 times now since they opened. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. However, the front desk staff is just not friendly or customer focused. We used the shuttle once and had the same experience. The driver was late picking us up at the airport – (and yes we had called ahead to schedule the pick up). He never apologized or even tried to make conversation.

Our last stay was New Years weekend. We arrived back at the hotel at 11:00 to find a group of young adults all over the lobby, visiting with the front desk staff. Again, no acknowledgement from the staff to us, they were busy talking with their friends. This is the only hotel we have been to where you are ignored by the hotel staff. If we don’t greet them, they don’t even speak.

We have really enjoyed the breakfast and the staff in the dining area is great.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My partner and I decided to spend New Years at the Element at the Midtown Crossing. All the rooms at the Element are suites and vary in size. We got a good rate on line by booking through their website. Our room had a beautiful full kitchen that was fully stocked with plates,utensils, and wine glass. The tile floor and back splash are beautiful. The room has a comfy king size bed and a couch that folds out to a queen size bed. The bathroom is spacious and the shower was fantastic. Breakfast is included at the Element. We had some friends over for cocktails before going out to dinner and the suite was large enough to entertain in. There are many great choices for restaurants that are walking distance from the Element. A great place for a beer is the Crescent Moon which is a short walk up the hill. Be sure to say hi to Chris, the best bartender in Omaha.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a little getaway to the city. We were unsure about parking in the garage but it was felt it was very safe and secure, well lit and clean and easily accessible from the hotel. We stayed in an executive king suite which was quite nice and very clean. We were able to hook up our iPhones and watch a movie on the flat screen which was nice. My only complaint would be of noise. I am a pretty light sleeper and the noise was not from within the hotel but the road noise as it is located on a very busy street. I think I heard every car that went by and several rounds of sirens until about 4am when I finally fell asleep. This would be the only thing that would keep me from coming back. We did not go down for the breakfast so can not comment on that but really loved the design and feel of the hotel. The vibe reminded me a little of a very nice modern hotel we stayed at in Times Square.

Room Tip: The kitchens are very nice - suite nice to kick back and relax on sectional
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We needed a last-minute hotel while in Omaha, and chose the Element, as it was close to the Grey Plume where we had dinner (which was amazing by the way). The Element has a "futuristic" and progressive feel. We rented the smallest room, which was very small and modest, but decked out with the latest technology and amenities. It was just the right size for two. And if you are a techie, this is the place to stay. They also take a very "green" approach to energy and water conservation. They have bikes for rent. They also have one of the BEST FREE BREAKFASTs of any hotel I've been to. Fresh berries, fresh spinach breakfast wrap, "mcmuffins", and a great selection of oatmeal. It was progressive without feeling like a "hipster hotel." We're recommending this hotel to any visitor of Omaha.

Room Tip: Unless you need a full kitchen, just get the small $99 room. Its enough for two.
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I have never stayed at an Element and will be doing so again. The room was very nice and had a private sleeping area, work area, small kitchen and bathroom. The design was between a W and Westin. Enjoyed a glass of wine at reception in lobby before going out to dinner. Only opportunity was at the front desk. Took longer than expected to check in and out. If traveling in the area again this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business