“I can't wait to go back!!!”

Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 3, 2011

This was my first time to an Element hotel and I loved every bit of it. The unique eco friendly energy saving strategies of using your card inside the room to power 90% of the electricity was neat. The toilet even had full flush and partial flush! The parking garage was attached to the hotel to meke for easy access. My trip was for work requirements, but I would definatley take my fiance back with me next time and recommend it to all of my family and friends! I travel a lot these days and this is definatley one of the nicest and friendliest hotels I've ever been to. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They had a shuttle that transported me to my meeting and even downtown to marketplace in the evening. My favorite parts were breakfast and the evening social. Breakfast had a wide variety of selection with breakfast buritos, waffles, fruit, ECLAIRS, yougart etc. It was amazing and Nick was very nice to answer questions and visit. It was nice to feel comfortable and have a friendly smile everyday. Then there was the evening social that had free beer and snacks. That was also very fun and nice. Nick also helped out a lot here by bringing out more drinks and interacting with us on first name basis. That was very nice. I'm looking foward to going back again!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Element Omaha Midtown Crossing

Reviewed May 23, 2011

The hotel is a typical element (having stayed in a few now) and what you would expect of a middle of the road Starwood property. Not a big fan of having to pay $8 a day to park, but it comes with the territory of being in a new downtown entertainment zone. Very good upscale Mexican restaurant across the driveway. Staff was rude though. At breakfast one of the employees setting up broke a plate and tried to blame it on us. That what was very immature. The front desk was only marginally better. The bottom line is I will stay here, but only because I am a Starwood Gold member.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

The trendy Element hotels are a jewel in Starwood's crown offering excellent value. The rooms are comfortable, roomy and offer a full kitchen so if you want to cook you can (although I thought the whole idea of staying in a hotel was to get away from all that!). The bathrooms are bright and the shower is excellent. This hotel has a couple of bikes available for guests to borrow if you feel like getting in some excercise. If you want to buy some food (or liquid nourishment beyond what's available in the hotel mini-shop) you can go next door to the supermarket (behind the hotel). Starbucks is just a block away inside the Mutual of Omaha bank building. Breakfast fills a hole and is self-service buffet with a limited choice (but inlcudes cooked southwestern-style wraps). Service is friendly and efficient.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

I stayed at the Element in February for business travel. It's a fairly new hotel and has potential, but for me it was missing something a thing or two. The feeling I got from the hotel was more dormitory-like, rather than the feeling of a comfortable hotel. The staff was also inconsistent. The hotel is well situated for Midtown, many restaurants and shops nearby. Since my office was several miles away from the hotel, the shuttle bus willingly took me to the office in the mornings. That was a huge plus. Check in was easy, but rather abrupt- no explanation of the hotel layout or amenities, so it was a little awkward. There was an odd smell in the hallway where my room was located. Perhaps of carpet glue or other industrial smell. The doors shut hard when closing, so you can hear people going in and out of their rooms. The rooms are nice enough, but to me, it was plain rather than modern. Bed was extremely comfortable, though. Comfortable mattress, pillows, and linens. The desk was at the foot of the bed, but also held the tv set. So you really couldn't watch tv and sit at the desk as it would be a foot away. Small couch, but not very comfortable, so no tv watching there either. The room was only semi-carpeted with slate tile floors throughout - cold on the feet if you did not bring slippers. Conditioning shampoo and liquid soad dispenser in the shower seemed filled with the identical clear liquid. Better to use your own, especially if you need conditioner. There was a kitchenette, with plates and silverware, and a coffeepot. Didn't really use any of this, but it seemed well laid out. Breakfast in the morning included some breakfast burritos- took a couple to go, but they were terrible so I ended up throwing them away. Would I go again? Not my first or second choice, but if those were fully booked, yes. Would I recommend it to others? To certain friends and colleagues, but it's not a place that would suit all tastes.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank L&JinVA
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My first experience with an Element was very positive. Hotel has a very modern, new, crisp look. Room offers many different amenities and free internet access. Free breakfast was also better than average, unfortunately missed the cocktail hour. Overall good value. The only thing that could be better is if the hotel was located in the Old Market area, but it is relatively close and an easy drive. Midtown Crossings is a new development and has potential to really grow in to a destination in Omaha.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Am i picky? Is this hotel dirty? Yes to both. I have stayed at this hotel twice now. The first time I had to switch rooms because the bathroom had not been cleaned at all, there were greasy smudges on every glass surface (desk, counter top, coffee table, TV, etc.) and there was apparently chocolate ground into the couch cushions. SO I had high expectations for this trip, even mentioned to the hotel when I made the reservation that my room was dirty last time......and what to my wondering eyes did appear when I checked into my room? A big greasy smudge smack dab in the middle of the largest window, an apparent booggie on the the wall in the bathroom, seriously the cleaning staff of this place needs some training to look everywhere, not just the bed, the sink and shower and leave. There is just dirt and grime in a lot of places, like the elevator floor could use a good mopping, etc. and funny thing is it NEW! GIve it a year and what will it look like? It's too bad because I bet Westin pumped a lot of money into this place.

Room Tip: bring some Lysol and windex
1  Thank kipt
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I was curious to see how the Element in Omaha compared to other hotels in the area so booked a stay, even though it's further from my client. I called the hotel the day before to ask if they had an airport shuttle, and the fellow who answered the phone not only said yes, but asked me when I would be getting in and put me on the shuttle list. I was impressed across the stay with the quality of the service. People were very helpful and even proactive with requests. They took me to and from the airport, and to and from my client site (about a mile and a half away) several times; very reliable service.

The room was pretty large with a comfortable bed, a very efficient workspace with a lot of electrical outlets, dozens of television channel options, and a very usable kitchen with a full sized refrigerator, filtered water faucet, and a stove top.

I've stayed in one other Element hotel and this one shared that one's big defect (I am beginning to wonder if it's a brand failure). The shower is so low pressure and so disappointing that water just dripped out of it. There was not enough force to rinse soap or shampoo. They do provide a hand help attachment with better water pressure but it's not the same.

They provide a breakfast as part of the room rate in the morning. I like to eat healthy food and did not find the breakfast to my liking. I don't recall there being any fresh or cut fruit, for example.

I found the internet easy to use and fast, and loved the fitness room which is much larger and has more machines than any other hotel I've stayed at in Omaha.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face Dodge St.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business