“Not my cup of tea.”

Pitch Coal-fire Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pitch Coal-fire Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 51st & Underwood
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not my cup of tea.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place isn't necessarily bad, just not my cup of tea. I'm not a big fan of this type of pizza. The crust is airy. The sauce is like crushed tomato mixed with olive oil which is not what I like. Most of the pizzas are trendy. We got a meatball pizza which was the special that day. The toppings were good. The atmosphere is interesting. Like the toppings, it's trendy which is not my type of place. You have to share tables with strangers but there is enough space between you that it is not weird or anything. No complaints, just not my type of place.

Visited October 2012

Clear Lake, Wisconsin
“Good Pizza, BUT...”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I really like Pitch Pizza, we've been there before a couple times. I ordered the Margherita Pizza and my husband had the BLT. He really liked the BLT, although he thought the mozzarella on it was a waste of mozzarella. My Margherita Pizza was as good as I expected. BUT...My husband was charged for both refills of lemonade. Making it like $4.50 (can't remember exactly) for 2 glasses. Maybe that's their policy, but it seems rediculous to me. Great Pizza, just be careful what you're charged.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best pizza in town!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Loved their pizzas! Went their twice to try different pizzas, just simply amazing and flavorful! The ambience is casual, loud and fun.

Visited June 2013
Omaha
“I always over-order because everything is great”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have always had a wonderful dining experience at Pitch. The brussel sprout appetizer is wonderful. I love the prosciutto salad and all of the pizzas are delicious. We have gone with varying sized groups, from a couple's dinner to 20+ people and the staff has always been accommodating and friendly. One of my favorite pizza places in Omaha, with the additional bonus of being located in the always charming Dundee area.

• Visited May 2013
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

On a road trip we left the interstate in search of a healthy sit-down meal and a drink. At 7:00pm on a Friday we expected a wait, and there was. However, since we were willing to sit at the bar the hostess ushered us back and from there the bar staff took care of us. We got drinks immediately, when seats opened up they kindly deflected other diners so we could sit, and they were in turn seated next at the bar.
Both bartenders had time to talk about the food and drinks, the town and to mess with each other. Again, this was a really busy night with lines out the door when we left.
The food was really good as well but this was exactly the kind of break road weary travellers would welcome if they have time to drive into Omaha.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Pitch Coal-fire Pizzeria? Share your experiences!