“Excellent service.”

Pitch Coal-fire Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pitch Coal-fire Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,356 Restaurants in Omaha
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

On a road trip we left the interstate in search of a healthy sit-down meal and a drink. At 7:00pm on a Friday we expected a wait, and there was. However, since we were willing to sit at the bar the hostess ushered us back and from there the bar staff took care of us. We got drinks immediately, when seats opened up they kindly deflected other diners so we could sit, and they were in turn seated next at the bar.
Both bartenders had time to talk about the food and drinks, the town and to mess with each other. Again, this was a really busy night with lines out the door when we left.
The food was really good as well but this was exactly the kind of break road weary travellers would welcome if they have time to drive into Omaha.

• Visited June 2013

Clear Lake, Wisconsin
“Great NY Style Pizza in the Midwest!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We spent a couple weeks in the Omaha area and went to Pitch Pizza twice, as we are always looking for good NY style pizza. Both times we had the Margherita pizza, and the second time we also had the Thai Chicken Pie. Both pizza's were excellent - perfect thin crust, with a risen and chewy edge - slightly charred on the bottom. They have a decent beer choice as well as wine and cocktails.
The servers are well versed on the pizza style and flavors and the service is really good. Highly recommended!!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great place”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had an hour wait and was definitely worth it. The place is sleek looking with a mix of young attractive people and families. Our server, Matt, was excellent. He was prompt, professional, and attentive. I was really happy with our apps which included roasted beet and butternut squash salad; roasted brussels sprouts, and artichokes. The portions were good sized, the greens were nicely dressed, and everything was really tasty. I was less impressed with the pizza. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with them. But the crust fell significantly short of other coal fired pizzerias like Pepe's in New Haven, CT or Anthony's Coal Fired throughout Florida. It lacked any of the char you get from these beautiful ovens and the dough could have benefitted from a little longer fermentation. $21 dollars for a meatball pie seems a bit steep and the mushroom pie was $17. The toppings were high quality. Next time I'll ask them to leave my pie in a minute longer.
The wine list is sizeable with an ample by-the-glass selection. We wrapped it up with a tiramisu. Our check was brought promptly upon request and processed quickly. All in all, an excellent evening in what appears to be up-and-coming area of Omaha.

Dallas, TX
“Neat Place with great wine list”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place is unique. I don't think I have ever seen such a great wine list at a Pizzeria. I went with a large group on a Tuesday night and the place was packed. We shared appetizers and I especially enjoyed the brussel sprouts. The salads were also very good. I enjoyed the Arugula salad. We had several different pizzas. Each one was very good. My favorite was Mia.
I would definitely return when I come back to Omaha.
I rated everything excellent and business meals very good. Only reason I did not say excellent is that Pitch is not a quiet place. That was fine for our large group, but may not be for every business meal.

1 Thank cordpar
Ketchum, Idaho
“"Lively atmosphere and great food!””
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a wonderful evening at Pitch Coal Fire Pizzeria, everything was fantastic! Roasted Brussels sprouts , Olive bowl , meatball appetizers, Roasted beet salad , ceasar salad with white anchovies, Pizza of the week-lobster pizza, 3 dirty martinis, wine and soda .
I certainly would eat here if I lived in Omaha or was visiting. The building is historic was a service garage ,movie theater among other business' . It's in a cute neighborhood.
Try the Pitch White Uncorked Wine and Arugula salad.
Willy Theisen of "Godfathers Pizza" from the 70's is the proprieter and perfect host!

• Visited May 2013

Been to Pitch Coal-fire Pizzeria? Share your experiences!