“Great Pie”

Pitch Coal-fire Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pitch Coal-fire Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,338 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 51st & Underwood
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is not the place for you if you are a meat lover special Godfathers/Pizza hut type. It is authentic, thin and some of the best in Omaha. I am not a pork or beef eater so I get the margherita or the shroom. I need to try the basil chicken pesto. I am not quite sure how they get so much flavor into their pizzas. They have a great beer and wine menu and some very unique appetizers and side dishes. I highly recommend this place. If you can make reservations then I would. There can be a wait on most evenings.

• Visited April 2013

Omaha
“Fresh and original”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is pizza parlor ‘chic’ with unique salads and sandwiches offered in addition to the usual pizza fare. At a recent lunch, the meatball hoagie with a side of chopped salad was tasty and a bargain for $7! Wine prices by the glass are inflated in my opinion, but the selection of bottled beers was good and reasonably priced. The roast beet salad, topped with a hunk of deep-fried feta wrapped in filo with balsamic drizzle was excellent. Tomato basil soup was flavorful and hot (I HATE when is soup served tepid) and was exactly what a good tomato basil soup should be although they up charged $2 for a cup of soup as a side with a sandwich, which we thought was stingy and unnecessary. The pizza was very good, but not as great as the coal fired pizzas that I remember in Greenwich Village in NYC, but what is? Service was disappointing, had to flag the server down multiple times, but this may have been an The atmosphere is pizza parlor ‘chic’ with unique salads and sandwiches offered in addition to the usual pizza fare. At a recent lunch, the meatball hoagie with a side of chopped salad was a bargain for $7! Wine prices by the glass are inflated in my opinion, but the selection of bottled beers was good and reasonably priced. The roast beet salad, topped with a hunk of deep-fried feta wrapped in filo with balsamic drizzle was excellent. Tomato basil soup was flavorful and hot (I HATE when is soup served tepid) and was exactly what a good tomato basil should be although they up charged $2 for a cup of soup as a side with a sandwich, which we thought was stingy and unnecessary. The pizza was very good, but not a great as the coal fired pizzas that I remember in Greenwich Village in NYC, but what is? Service was slow but this may have been an anomaly due to a Saturday lunch rush. I will look forward to going back.

• Visited April 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Favorite pizza in Omaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The last time I went to Brix I was with a coupe of my girlfriends. Pitch did not disappoint us! We started with some Truffle fries as an appetizer! The smell of these when they show up at your table lets you know they are going to be great. (Another favorite appetizer are the meatballs - yummy!)

One of my friends had not been here before, so we tried three different pizzas. Each was fabulous!! The awesome thing about pizzas here is that each is completely different. The ingredients are fresh and flavorful. The combinations are interesting and a joy to try!

The atmosphere at Pitch is laid back and fun. It fits in quite well with the Dundee neighborhood. I highly recommend Pitch for the best pizza in Omaha!

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Great night out with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We used Open Table to secure a 7:30 reservation on a Sat. night. Get a reservation. The restaurant isn't huge and doesn't have a lot of overflow area. We arrived a little early so we grabbed drinks at the bar. It was standing room only in that section but the bartender was attentive and the serves needing to work around us, did so while being friendly and polite. We were soon taken to our table for four, promptly greeted and drinks re-freshed. Appetizers consisted of the meatballs, sweet and sour wings and calamari. All were delicious, but the meatballs are a can't miss. There are a variety of pastas and salads avaialeble as well as a featured pizza and pasta each night. We ordered pizzas: a Mia and a Meatball. They were delicious. One pizza is plenty for two people. since we had appetizers, our leftover pizza was boxed, labeled and dated (like it was going to last longer in my fridge than a day!). Service was attentive and fun! I mentioned that the space is not huge, but that's why it's special. It's minimalist in furnishings, lights are kept low and the pizza ovens are proudly on display. It was warm and loud. Loud in a good way. This place has energy. Groups of friends and family members enjoying a loud Italian meal. We loved it. A great pace to start the night!

• Visited March 2013
Omaha NE
“Willie's new place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This pizzeria is Willie Theison's restaurant. The Godfather's founder was present, and talking with all the tables. He was pleasant and accommodating, as expected. I went with a group of friends on a Saturday night, and I remembered why I usually don't go out to dinner on a Saturday night. It was very crowded, and the music was very loud. A good thing for most people, not a great thing when you have a large group and you want to have a conversation. People in our group tried the pizza, pasta and apps. All received good reviews, and one friend who ordered the sausage pasta dish, was thrilled. My favorite, surprisingly enough was the pepperoni pizza. Great crust, and the sauce was just a little spicy with great flavor. I ordered the pasta with shrimp, and it was just ok. If I went again, I think I would stick with the pizza. The prices were on the high side for me. $18,00 for a "small" size pizza, but then again, this is not pizza hut.

• Visited March 2013