“Repeat customers”
Review of Wave Bistro

Wave Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wave Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,368 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North of 144th and Maple
Description: Asian Fusion Cuisine
Reviewed December 27, 2013

As I said in my first review, this is our favorite place to eat out. We have become regular customers (try to make it a once a week occasion). The food is excellent, the service fantastic and we have a more personal attachment with the owner and the staff. They all seem to extend great hospitality towards everyone.

1  Thank Mike R
There are newer reviews for Wave Bistro

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Outstanding service, food and decor. Not in downtown Omaha, but worth a trip to the burbs.

Very clean!!!

Free parking.

Highly recommend.

1  Thank BroncoRider
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our Ethnic Food Club met at Wave for our October meal. Varied menu with beautifully plated meals with good helping sizes. Service was really good. Tasty food! Wish we had an included salad with meal of that price - keep it from four stars

2  Thank Mark G
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This restaurant is top notch.
The very modern atmosphere is to die for. I love this and the wait staff were particularly helpful in any questions about the menu items.

They have beautiful lighting and round tables booths. The food is prepared by top chefs and is very tasteful.
perfect place for a special occasion

2  Thank Lynda B
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I like this place, I really do. The staff is among the best in town, friendly, helpful, and very accomodating (more on that later). But there is no way this is the # 1 restaurant in town. Nor do I think it aspires to be. But it is very, very good at what it sets out to do, which is serve asian and asian fusion cuisine that is a cut above the usual Eastern restaurant. It is a niche that I see served in Omaha by restaurants like the Korean/sushi Maru, and the Vietnamese Saigon Surface.
Kudos to them for the setting. Although located in a strip mall in Northwest Omaha, the interior has a stately, formal look. A very clean and uncluttered look. It is also quiet, something that is getting harder and harder to find, so it makes for a good business or conversational setting.

The food is very good, but from what we had, not exactly cutting edge. I had the chicken in "spiced" hoisin sauce. There was plenty of chicken and veggies, clearly enough for me to take home as a second meal. But the food was bland for my (admittedly heat-seeking) tastes. But they cheerfully brought chili sauce to remedy my issue. My wife had the small garden salad and the won ton soup. All of the veggies were very fresh, and she enjoyed her soup, although she would have preferred more broth, again, just a personal taste. Again, she had leftovers, and in a very nice touch, without being asked, the restaurant offered her additonal broth for her takeout portion. Above and beyond, in my book. We also enjoyed the complimentary asian bread. And the prices were very modest for what we received.

I cannot finish without mentioning our server, Precious. She is simply top notch in every way. One of the best servers we have encountered anywhere. And the owners also deserve a tip of the hat for checking in on us twice during the course of our meal.

Needless to say, we will be back.

2  Thank Jays911