“Always Great!”
Review of Wave Bistro

Wave Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wave Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North of 144th and Maple
Description: Asian Fusion Cuisine
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I go to Wave Bistro probably 2 times a month. The food is consistantly great and service is always good. The food is asian fusion, unique and tasty. Connie is a marvelous hostess and her husband George is a very creative and talented chef.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I remember the first time I went to this restaurant after it first opened. I thought it was great food, but it probably would never make it, a small restaurant sitting in the same parking lot albeit in a different wing, form Home Depot. Well here it is, maybe five years later and the restaurant is doing fabulously well. The staff is amazing. They make everyone feel special. I noted on my last visit how helpful they were to an older customer ... Holding the door as she left and going out to the car to assist. That's the beauty of a small restaurant. Oh yes, and the food? Terrific and beautifully displayed.

3  Thank RussandAnne
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The title almost explains it all. Don't go for the environment, either internal or external. But the food was excellent and the drinks well made. The service was great too...we just couldn't hear each other talk.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We always enjoy dinner at Wave Bistro. The food is excellent and so is the wait staff. They have a long list of delicious starters. This visit we chose three: Crab Cakes, Calamari and Shrimp Roll with Firecracker Sauce. Our dinners were Crispy Chicken and Lemon Creamy Almond Shrimp. Fantastic! The wine list is short but our selection was terrific.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

You will have to really look for this hidden gem, to experience a Japanese/Thai/Chinese/French Fusion experience too exceptional to miss! It is hidden inside a very nondescript, unassuming building on the southern corner of a tiny strip-mall, just east of a large Home Depot store. IF you find it you will truly feel like an explorer, or a local! I love to take out-of-town guests here, just to see their faces light up when we step inside and to show them we do have some upscale establishments here in West O!

The Chef/Owner left Vegas to come to Omaha to lovingly prepare EACH dish for EACH guest and the atmosphere inside completely belies the outside appearance. My wife absolutely relishes the 'Miso Chilean Sea Bass' and I try a new dish every time we go, which is about 4-5 times a year, (although I always seem to lean toward the spicier side of the menu). Speaking of heat, since the chef/owner prepares each dish for EACH guest, he can adjust the heat level to your liking, even if the item is not initially spicy on the menu. For Appetizer, Drinks, Main Course and Dessert we normally spend around $50, plus tip for the excellent service.

Since it was our 10th Anniversary they brought us a large piece of Japanese Cheesecake to share and I got about 1/4 of it; think the wife has a new best dessert!

Try it, you'll like it, BUT let's keep this little gem under your hat, I don't want to have to wait in too long a line to get my Fusion Fix.