“Always a good experience”
Review of Wave Bistro

Wave Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wave Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North of 144th and Maple
Description: Asian Fusion Cuisine
Omaha, Nebraska
“Always a good experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We always enjoy dinner at Wave Bistro. The food is excellent and so is the wait staff. They have a long list of delicious starters. This visit we chose three: Crab Cakes, Calamari and Shrimp Roll with Firecracker Sauce. Our dinners were Crispy Chicken and Lemon Creamy Almond Shrimp. Fantastic! The wine list is short but our selection was terrific.

• Visited July 2012

OMAHA
“A Hidden Gem of Japanese/Thai/Chinese/French Fusion”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

You will have to really look for this hidden gem, to experience a Japanese/Thai/Chinese/French Fusion experience too exceptional to miss! It is hidden inside a very nondescript, unassuming building on the southern corner of a tiny strip-mall, just east of a large Home Depot store. IF you find it you will truly feel like an explorer, or a local! I love to take out-of-town guests here, just to see their faces light up when we step inside and to show them we do have some upscale establishments here in West O!

The Chef/Owner left Vegas to come to Omaha to lovingly prepare EACH dish for EACH guest and the atmosphere inside completely belies the outside appearance. My wife absolutely relishes the 'Miso Chilean Sea Bass' and I try a new dish every time we go, which is about 4-5 times a year, (although I always seem to lean toward the spicier side of the menu). Speaking of heat, since the chef/owner prepares each dish for EACH guest, he can adjust the heat level to your liking, even if the item is not initially spicy on the menu. For Appetizer, Drinks, Main Course and Dessert we normally spend around $50, plus tip for the excellent service.

Since it was our 10th Anniversary they brought us a large piece of Japanese Cheesecake to share and I got about 1/4 of it; think the wife has a new best dessert!

Try it, you'll like it, BUT let's keep this little gem under your hat, I don't want to have to wait in too long a line to get my Fusion Fix.

• Visited April 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Really good food, and a lot for the price! Worth every penny!

Visited May 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Outstanding Food and Nice Prices”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed many meals at Wave Bistro. Both Lunch and Dinner. We have never been disappointed. The food and service are just excellent. The food tastes great...it is always presented so well on the plate...the menu has a variety of choices. The prices are typically $5-$8 less per meal than you would pay at other nice resturants in Omaha.

Give this place a try and you will go back!!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank lovinlife86
“Surprisingly good Asian food in the heartland!”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I am Asian & grew up in Omaha & have therefore always been skeptical of Asian restaurants located here due to my previous experiences. I was pleasantly surprised by Wave Bistro however. The food was good including the calamari appetizer and the special of the day which was a seafood combination in a black bean sauce. The seafood dynamite was also very tasty. They were out of the seabass when I was there which was disappointing. A plus is that they allowed us to order off of the dinner menu even though we were there for lunch. The menu is Pan-Asian with Chinese, Japanese, & Thai dishes available. The service was good and attentive but somewhat slow most likely because there was a very large party there in front of us. The owner, a very nice lady, came out to answer any questions we might have. Overall, a very good dining experience. I would return.

1 Thank Blackshirts70

Been to Wave Bistro? Share your experiences!