“pleasant eaterie” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
St. Petersburg, Florida
“pleasant eaterie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We had the veg and non-veg Thali so that we could have a sampling. The food was delicious and flavorful, though there was a bit too much cross-over between the veg and non-veg Thali. Still, would we eat here again? Yes.

Visited May 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Worst experience in Omaha”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Worst restaurant in Omaha.Food was over a week old. I have been to lot of Indian cuisines in IN, AU, MY & SG, but by far this was the worst. Owner was so greedy that he was asking for tip after giving poor service. We didn't even eat our Thali.
Strongly not recommended!!

• Visited April 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Best Indian food in Omaha since India”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I went here tonight and have not had better food since I was in India. Every other Indian restaurant in Omaha has been a disappointment. The dosa was excellent and the chicken tika was perfectly spicy (we ordered the hottest possible). The service was average, but the food was totally worth it. Also it was a little pricy, but we had a coupon. If you want food that taste like it is from India this is your place.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Des Moines, Iowa
“Worst Indian Food Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

We recently visiteded Omaha on a family vacation and wanted to have traditional Indian food, found the Dhaba restaurant online, ordered food over phone to collect and eat back at our hotel room. We paid almost $100 for family of 4 and the food was just a waste of money!!! The full tandoori chicken ordered was just small 4 pieces. Chicken pieces in Tikka makhani were hard as if not cooked properly. The Kadai chicken was tasteless, the paranthas were hard to chew, naan were like chewing gum.....we ended up throwing the food and order from pizza hut (thank fully they were still open)

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bielefeld, Germany
“Appetizer sucked, main dishes delicious”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

Went there the first time last weekend. I have to say I have never been to India, so I cannot say if their food is authentic or not, I can just say what I like. The service was nice, we were seated right away. We wanted to order wine but the waitress told us flat out if we are wine drinkers, we shouldn't it order here. I love Indian food with wine, so I was sad about that but I appreciated her honesty so we weren't disappointed later. I switched to Gin and Tonic then, but she told us they ran out of tonic. After I had ordered a beer then, the appetizer arrived, Mirchi Bajji. It was really not good. On the menu it said "Green chili fried in spicy lentil batter". The dish was incredibly hot. I personally don't mind that but I think it should be pointed out more. It was not just spicy, it was very very very spicy. But then there was nothing else, no flavor, just hotness. Plus, the batter was very thick and too mushy. I did not like it at all. So after that, I thought the evening would be set up for failure but the main dishes were great. I had the lamb vindaloo, my boyfriend the goat vindaloo. Both were delicous!! In the end I would say it was a good evening. Sucked that the appetizer wasn't good but the main dishes definitvely made up for that.

1 Thank berlin33