“Best Indian food in Omaha since India”
Review of Dhaba - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I went here tonight and have not had better food since I was in India. Every other Indian restaurant in Omaha has been a disappointment. The dosa was excellent and the chicken tika was perfectly spicy (we ordered the hottest possible). The service was average, but the food was totally worth it. Also it was a little pricy, but we had a coupon. If you want food that taste like it is from India this is your place.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

We recently visiteded Omaha on a family vacation and wanted to have traditional Indian food, found the Dhaba restaurant online, ordered food over phone to collect and eat back at our hotel room. We paid almost $100 for family of 4 and the food was just a waste of money!!! The full tandoori chicken ordered was just small 4 pieces. Chicken pieces in Tikka makhani were hard as if not cooked properly. The Kadai chicken was tasteless, the paranthas were hard to chew, naan were like chewing gum.....we ended up throwing the food and order from pizza hut (thank fully they were still open)

Reviewed November 21, 2010

Went there the first time last weekend. I have to say I have never been to India, so I cannot say if their food is authentic or not, I can just say what I like. The service was nice, we were seated right away. We wanted to order wine but the waitress told us flat out if we are wine drinkers, we shouldn't it order here. I love Indian food with wine, so I was sad about that but I appreciated her honesty so we weren't disappointed later. I switched to Gin and Tonic then, but she told us they ran out of tonic. After I had ordered a beer then, the appetizer arrived, Mirchi Bajji. It was really not good. On the menu it said "Green chili fried in spicy lentil batter". The dish was incredibly hot. I personally don't mind that but I think it should be pointed out more. It was not just spicy, it was very very very spicy. But then there was nothing else, no flavor, just hotness. Plus, the batter was very thick and too mushy. I did not like it at all. So after that, I thought the evening would be set up for failure but the main dishes were great. I had the lamb vindaloo, my boyfriend the goat vindaloo. Both were delicous!! In the end I would say it was a good evening. Sucked that the appetizer wasn't good but the main dishes definitvely made up for that.

1  Thank berlin33
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Our friend ordered food for thirty people for a small family function. We had friends from Houston, LA and Peoria. And I have lived in Newyork. Everyone was surprised by the quality of food. It was a vegetarian menu though. We went to the restaurant next day to see if the place matches the taste. I was surprised. I would rate the location 8-9 out of 10. Seating was quick. Nice ambience and clean atmosphere. One thing that I think shows how serious someone is about cleanliness is restrooms. Most Indian restaurants have restrooms that you don't want to step in. Here it was well maintained . Staff was courteous. Water was on the table. You have to ask if you need ice, but service is prompt. Then comes the food ( we are vegetarians). The taste was closest to authentic Indian food with spice level 4/5 which I liked. If you dont like spicy, mention that in advance. I have been to at all the Indian restaurants in Omaha. The food here is closest to authentic Indian food, can't beat it unless you are talking about Chicago, NY or LA.
Some Omaha restaurants I ate serve food that is totally different from what we know back home. Some people may like the taste but its not authentic for sure. And if you are like me who grew up in India know what Indian food tastes like then this is right place so far in Omaha. I have decided that this is the only place to eat when I go to omaha unless we plan to eat something other than Indian. Please note I can't comment on non-vegetarian food and some restaurants are better at vegetarian and vice-versa. Very few place I have been specialize in both Veg and Non-veg. Cost I would say is moderately high but overall good for taste, quality and the fact that there is no real competetion .

Reviewed May 9, 2010

The food was pretty good-nearly authentic. I should know, I an Indian and I love Punjabi food. We tried the Chicken and Paneer tikka masala. The naans were warm and soft and the Veg Biryani was surprisingly good.
I've been let down so many times in the US-I was not expecting a treat.
Dinner for 2/w/tip 50+ bucks-Not bad at all
and the portion size was reasonable.
5 stars.