“First rate shoppe”

Ranked #14 of 40 Dessert in Omaha
Eagle
“First rate shoppe”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Two things: 1) pride of ownership - this place is incredibly clean, obvious from point of entry. Check the floors, walls, corners, counters. Even the restroom (always a tell-tale) and the back of the house radiate cleanliness.
2) Great cupcakes. Moist, fine crumb, tastefully topped, and delicious. Worth the drive if you are in the market for cupcakes. Very very good.

• Visited December 2013

Omaha, Nebraska
“Love their cupcakes”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The shop is really cute, and I didn't find their cupcakes dry, as someone else said. I love getting cupcakes here for birthdays or special occasions.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Caty C
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good cupcakes and cakes too.”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have visited here about a dozen times - great for a snack when you know you dont want an entire cake sitting around the house calling to you to be eaten. We also picked up a birthday cake here made from the same cake. Nice to bring a half dozen to someone for a hostess gift too.

They are expensive but if you are only getting one or two , what the heck.

My favorite is the wedding cake with almond frosting. A close second is the pistachio but they rarely have those in the counter.

We have a running battle at home - my wife likes Jones brothers better I like this place better.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank grayhorse89
nebraska
“Yummy cupcakes and helpful staff”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I am hooked on the cupcakes from Cupcake Island. They are much better tasting and not as expensive as cupcakes in some other shops I've tasted. The devils food is my favorite. The minis make a cute dessert selection, but the regular size have more frosting! The people are great and will customize anything you want.

Omaha Ne
“not that good”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I have tried several flavors and always have the same feeling. They are ok but not great.
I tried the pink champagne. No flavor and a bit dry- the frosting tasted a bit grainy, kind of made with granulated sugar not powdered.
The italian cream was better. Maybe it was fresher.
All the other ones have been on the dry side- The red velvet etc..
Overall I have been dissapointed and felt i could have done better myself

Been to Cupcake Island? Share your experiences!