“Diverse Menu and Good Value”
Review of Crystal Jade

Crystal Jade
Ranked #156 of 1,379 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Ate here in October while visiting our grand daughter. We were pleasantly surprised by this asian restaurant. They serve all sorts of asian food including Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Malaysian. They also offer a gluten-free and vegetarian menu. They also offer special drinks like a Lychee Martini. I had a margarita that was delicious. Normally I wouldn't get a margarita at an asian restaurant but it was the drink special so I figured, what the heck. Our soups, drinks and food were all delicious. Our dishes came with beautiful garnishes: flowers and birds carved out of assorted vegetables. There's something for everyone on the menu. Service was just fine. It was quiet and we could carry on a nice conversation. It was a Wednesday evening so not surprised it wasn't crowded. We get to Omaha twice a year and we'll be back.

1  Thank G0ingn0w

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Nice atmosphere, met the owner, great happy day deals.

I tried several items and all were good. The chef does an excellent job and all elements of the plate were well prepared. This is a skill that is lacking at most Asian restaurants. The shrimp were cleaned and tails removed which I appreciate (its a pain to clean these with sauces). Good portions of good food plus good service; very competent and professional.

I was pleasantly surprised as the food was better than I recalled. Most local spots have either declined or are erratic; here's a spot that is better. (the food was good last visit as well)

2  Thank kardmania
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Crystal Jade has a huge menu, and an equally huge vegetarian menu, some gluten free too. I am vegetarian, and asian restaurants have always been a good place to go and very veg friendly, but this place goes above and beyond. and the food was really good too. when i was there they were testing out the curry noodle soup, so they comped us a bowl and it was great. i had a korean vegetable yellow curry. besides their dedicated vegetarian menu, anything can be ordered with tofu or mock duck instead of the meat, so that makes pretty much the whole menu vegetarian. and the prices are very reasonable. so this place is triple bonus -- tasty, lots of vegetarian options, and won't break the bank.

1  Thank tamiwhammy
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Found the reviews of this place at a 4+ and we were not disappointed! We're kinda picky, but all of the main items that we enjoy were delicious - crab ragoon, hot and sour soup, low mein, ect. and they make beautiful flowers out of food too.

1  Thank moeliz
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I know it can sometimes be challenging to find gluten free restaurants when traveling that aren't the typical chains. This is a local place that has an extensive gluten free menu. My wife and I have eaten here dozens of times with no problems. The food is fantastic and the service is great!