“Asian Style Buffet”

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #258 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Description: Create your own Asian stir-fry! Choose from our fresh selection of meats, seafood, noodles, veggies and Asian-influenced sauces. Customize your Mongolian BBQ masterpiece, then watch as it’s cooked on our grill of epic proportions. It’s all-you-can-eat, so you can try as many combinations as you want! A unique dining experience for the whole family.
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
“Asian Style Buffet”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is an Asian themed buffet with standard dinner price at $13.00. Ingredients for your bowl include various proteins, noodles and vegetables, all raw. Then add any of a variety of sauces from mild to hot and present your bowl to the grill guys and they cook it up while you wait. We thought the ingredients were all pretty fresh and nicely done on the grill top.

The food was good but it is pretty gringo. I'm not a huge fan of buffet restaurants - a $13 price point is too much for one plate and I don't want (shouldn't) eat multiple plates. But that's an individual call.

Special note to those with allergens: This is a cross-contamination nightmare. You have about 10 sauces side by side - some with shellfish allergens and some with milk allergens - and as people ladle the sauces onto their plates some cross contamination is inevitable. There is shellfish next to non-allergen ingredients as well. If you tell them at the grill you have allergens they will clean off a wide area and prepare your food separately with separate spatulas, which is nice.

Visited July 2013

Omaha, Nebraska
“great food & service”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went on a Saturday night and the place was very busy. I was amazed by the manager who stepped in at the grill to keep the food flowing. The finishing chef was awesome! He kept track of everyone's plate even if they finished out of line. Wish we had a Hu Hot closer to were we live. This would be the only place I'd go for Asian food! I wish I would save room for the Cheesecake Rangoons just once. ;-)

• Visited June 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Best Asian Food I Have Ever Had”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife introduced this restaurant (Council Bluffs location) to me when we started dating and we eat at this location very often. What I like bust is the control you have an designing your own meal. All the ingredients are top notch and since it is all-you-can-eat it is well worth the price. The sauces choices are numerous and make the food really pop. The deserts are also very good. I love the Cheesecake Rangoons and the only place I know where you can toast a marshmallow at your table to make s'mores. This is my favorite restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mongolian”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I love these Mongolian places. This one trumps any I've been to on the east coast. The selection and variety of ingredients is amazing

Visited July 2012
Jamestown, North Dakota
“eats”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

very awsome atmosphere, all of the food we tried was very good and the service was pleasant

Visited February 2012

Been to HuHot Mongolian Grill? Share your experiences!