“Wonderful Stay - May I Move In, Please?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village

Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Sioux City, Iowa
“Wonderful Stay - May I Move In, Please?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Excellent! I absolutely loved my stay here. Friendly and helpful staff, especially Emily at the desk and the lady who worked the Bistro yesterday at dinnertime. The room was clean, trendy, and very comfortable. The staff I encountered in the hotel were all friendly and more than eager to assist me in any way. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee J, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Hello IowanWorldTraveler: Thank you so much for your great review. I'm glad to hear that Emily and Zeinab were very friendly and helpful! I will make sure to pass on your kind words to both of them. Also, thank you for your loyalty to us and we look forward to seeing you again in Omaha soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Prairie Village, KS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have mixed thoughts on our weekend stay at this hotel. The property is very new and clean. It's very convenient to get in/out with ample parking surrounding the building. The bathroom had a comfortably large glass-walled shower (but no tub, if that matters). The lobby lay-out reminded me of a college student union, with the bar/cafe area resembling a deli counter in an airport. The primary reason for us booking here was the proximity to our family who lives nearby. The other reason was an indoor pool. If having an indoor pool is important to you, understand that it is only slightly bigger than a bathtub! The picture on the website make it look bigger, when actually it is the smallest hotel pool you will ever see. More than 6 kids and it's full, I'm serious.

I got the impression from other reviews that having 2 adults and 2 kids stay in a room would be no problem, but that's a faulty assessment because the regular rooms are SMALL. I learned this shortly before check-in so I wanted to upgrade to a suite. I asked the guy at the front kiosk (no front desk here...it's a kiosk) about paying for an upgrade and he said I would have to cancel my current reservation and then book the suite directly with him. Um...why? I couldn't cancel because I was past the 24-hour window of getting a refund on my original reservation, which was though American Express (which evidently is Orbitz). He went through a long explanation about the "rate codes" and how he can't switch rooms if they're booked through a third party. I offered to pay the difference on the full rack rate on a suite upgrade, which would have been an additional $90/night, and he wouldn't do it! It's hard to believe the owner of this property would rather have a suite sit empty for the night than pocket an extra $180 and make a guest happy. I wanted to ask who actually runs the hotel, Marriott or Orbitz? Does Orbitz check me in and give me the key cards, or does Marriott? It makes absolutely no sense to pretend the hotel has no control over room assignments and upgrades. Anyway, regarding the actual room, it's designed nicely for a couple or a family with one child, but with 4 people there is no elbow room at all. Thankfully we weren't in the room much since we were away with family. Oddly, there is no full-length mirror in the room; only the bathroom mirror. Construction all around Aksarben Village made the area kind of ugly for the time being, but when it's done it looks to be nice. Summary for stay: Weird.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter...all the rooms are tiny except the suites, which are expensive.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was in Omaha for work and had the opportunity to stay at this Courtyard. The property is well maintained, employees are all friendly (quick with a smile) and I would return here again the next time I am in Omaha

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Augusta, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed 4 nights while on business. Room had a king bed, small refrigerator, nice big shower and was very clean. Starbucks at the Bistro was a huge plus to me. I also liked being able to purchase necessities in the small market area. Staff were friendly. The area feels safe and has plenty of parking. Property is close to restaurants and shopping. The only improvement I would suggest would be to replace the pillows. If you need anything but an extremely flat pillow you need to bring your own. I asked if they had anything more than an inch thick and they did not. I will return (with pillow).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Excellent staff, hospitality, most comfortable lobby setting for both breakfast and evenings.

it was the second day of my week long stay at the Marriott Courtyard Aksarben Village when the staff was confronted with a surprise inspection. They passed with flying colors, but were quite humble with sharing the results.

i would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing a warm, welcoming stay, with the class of any five star Marriott. I look forward to my next visit in the Spring.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We recently stayed at the Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village for a weekend visit to Omaha. We usually stay with family but decided to splurge this visit. It was well worth it. We have 4 kids and they LOVED the pool. Its simple but nice (small size pool so easy to keep an eye on all kids and not too deep so they could easily play, also towels are provided). Parking was easy and it was convenient to get to all the places we were going over the weekend stay. Room was spacious, beds comfy, and amenities (fridge, etc) were great!
Hotel staff were all very friendly as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Greencastle, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Enjoyable and comfortable stay with friendly staff that made it that much better. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The new Courtyard lobby concept is a great one. Easy and quick to grab a fresh and tasty meal, and night caps are a way to wrap up a long day with business associates. Close to some wonderful restaurants and sports bars.

• Stayed March 2014