“Not the place it used to be”

Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stay at this hotel every two months while visiting my father. I am becoming disappointed by the hotel as they have taken down the self-service coffee and tea. Instead there is conveniently a Starbucks in the lobby. I had requested no feathers in my room and first night I had four rather old strange feather pillows. I had an allergic reaction the next morning, so put the pillows in the closet and spoke to the manager downstairs to request foam pillows. When I returned late the next evening around 10:00 PM there were no pillows in my room, and had to request foam pillows again. The second night my key did not work, so I had to go back downstairs to have the key redone. The printer downstairs for the boarding passes did not work. All in all, I am a little disappointed at the standards of the hotel which in the past have been excellent. Maybe it was just an isolated bad night. My hotel of choice is usually the Courtyard as the standards are very good, however, this property is slipping just a bit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Lee J, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Aksarben Village. We can empathize with you regarding the Courtyard lobby coffee no longer being available, it was a decision made by Marriott that we are following through with. Next time you are here, ask to speak to the manager and we will make sure you get coffee throughout your stay.
I am sorry we were unable to accommodate your special request for a feather free room. This is a training issue I assure you we will rectify.
As to your key not working, sometimes a cell phone or strong magnetic object can deactivate the key as the magnetic strip is encoded for each guest key. If the key isn’t working we will remake a key for the guest and inform them not to place the key by a cell phone or magnetic object.
You are correct, Marriott has high standards and so do we. I know your next stay will be proof of that. Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any further concerns. I hope you choose to stay with us the next time you are in Omaha!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here going and coming back on a road trip. We picked this hotel based on the reviews of Marriotts in Omaha. I liked the location in the middle of a college campus in a newly developing area. The hotel is 7 or 8 minutes off of I80 which puts it in a quieter location than hotels located along the interstate. The hotel is fairly new and very clean. There is an upscale grocery two blocks south with a deli and a coffee shop next to the grocery. We ate at Spezia, a very good restaurant about 3 minutes from the hotel. There is also a Trader Joes about 10 to the west. I would definitely consider staying here on a future trip.

One improvement that could be made is the noise from the mini-frig. On our first stay, I noticed some noise but didn't try to locate the source. On our second stay, I searched and determined the mini-frig was a source of the noise (besides the usual noise from the window air conditioner). I unplugged the mini-frig eliminating the noise and making the room much quieter.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard in Aksarben Village. I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay! The Aksarben Village area has a lot to offer and I am so glad you were able to explore some of the merchants. There will be a new restaurant opening this fall in the village, so we hope you experience that when you stay with us next time.

I apologize for the mini-fridge making noise in your room; I will have maintenance look to see if there is a way to keep that noise level to a minimum.

We appreciate you staying at our hotel and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Omaha!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and attentive, the bathroom was great, however the bed was not the usual comfortable Marriott mattress but rather one that was far too firm. I couldn't sleep well on it. The air conditioning unit also seemed more loud than usual and was measured at 63 db at the location of my pillow. Not a rock concert, but enough to notice.This Courtyard has also eliminated the free 24-hour coffee present at other locations in favor of for-pay Starbucks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Lee J, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for your positive comments on cleanliness and staff. It sounds like your quality of sleep was interrupted with the mattress (all of our beds are the standard Courtyard Marriott mattresses) and air conditioning unit. That is something I will have my Director of Maintenance look into. Next time you are in Omaha, stay with us and I will make sure your room is quiet and restful.
All Courtyards exclusively have the Bistro restaurant with fresh, healthy options and you are correct, we proudly brew only Starbucks!
Thanks again for staying at the Courtyard in Aksarben Village!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay while in Omaha. The property is conveniently located in the new area of town with many developing features. I heartily recommend DJ's Dugout for meals and Aksarben Cinema for entertainment. The rooms are clean, and the fitness center is well-stocked with cardio equipment.

The only con is the restaurant. I have given up trying to have breakfast here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

We are so delighted to hear we are your favorite place to stay in Omaha! The Aksarben Village area has a lot to offer and I am glad you were able to enjoy some of the local restaurants and entertainment.
We hope to see you again the next time you are in Omaha. We appreciate your continued loyalty.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family stayed here for the weekend. The staff was great, the check in process was smooth. Our room was clean and had a bunch of towels. The Bistro-the restaurant on site-had healthy options for my kids for breakfast. We swam in the pool and the kids had a blast. Great location too, it was near restaurants and close driving to the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo and Omaha Childrens Museum. Both a must for any family visiting Omaha. We will be back to this hotel next time we visit Omaha.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your positive comments on the cleanliness, breakfast, and staff. It sounds like you had a nice time in Omaha. We look forward to making your next stay with us just as positive.
Thanks for choosing the Courtyard in Aksarben Village!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Amenities expected for a hotel of this quality should certainly include a hot tub on the premises and every room should have a microwave oven. Another feature that would be nice is one mirror OUTSIDE the bathroom of each guest room. An urn of fresh coffee and possibly some fruit or muffins should be available to guests in the lobby free of charge for a period of time in AM's.
The man on duty during our stay was wonderfully hospitable and welcoming...very helpful at all times as we spent much time gathered as a family in the large seating area just inside the doors to the back outdoor courtyard... He is to be commended. So friendly and fun!

Room Tip: Double queen rooms are far roomier than King rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard in Aksarben Village. We actually have informed the Courtyard Marriott planning and development committee about your comment on placing a mirror outside the bathroom; we agree. All Courtyards have the Bistro restaurant exclusively, which offers fresh, healthy options and we proudly brew only Starbucks Coffee! I am so happy you felt welcome and pleased throughout your stay. I truly want that for all our guests.
We hope to see you next time you are in Omaha!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here with friends for the MAHA music festival! The location was unbeatable and the staff was amazing! The girls at the front desk made all the difference in our trip. We had fantastic interactions with Lurae, Jordan, Emily, and Melissa. They were all so friendly - from check-in to check-out. Don't forget to stop by the bar and see Zenab. She made sure we always had a cold beer, something we enjoyed thoroughly throughout the weekend. We will most definitely be back next year (or sooner)!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back parking lot with a balcony!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard in Aksarben Village! I am so happy to hear that you had such fantastic interactions with our staff. We are so fortunate to have the wonderful staff that we do.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Omaha!