Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsburger theorypool areathe indoor water parktd ameritrade parkhot tubattached restaurantold marketcoffee barhotel restaurantsofa bedcenturylink centerthe hotel offersfront desk staffroom was largeshuttle serviceking suitebeds were comfortable
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had a business trip with an early flight out of Eppley so checked in late afternoon - front clerk Amalia was cheerful and efficient. Received a Platinum upgrade to a King mini-suite, which was huge, and had an expansive view to downtown Omaha. The room was clean and comfortable - a very open floor plan with a small kitchenette area, a living/office area and a comfortable bed. Standard HI amenities. The shuttle ride in the morning was exciting - our driver passed everything on the road and got us to the departures area in record time, with a constant stream of commentary.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha. We truly appreciate your comments and your patronage.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here on an overnight stay on October 19, 2013 in room 301. We stayed here in this hotel for their swimming area and we had three young girls that were 8 years old in age and they all got sick. We booked 3 rooms that were 301 302 and 303 and yes the rooms were nice but everything else with that stay there went horribly wrong. Do note that we spent collectively 159 dollars per room and expected great service and other than a night to sleep in Omaha, zero was given. We arrived at the hotel around 2:30-3PM and we had to wait in line to get checked in, which is fine, but another service person was standing in the background with an open counter but did not offer to help. As I mentioned before the girls went into the pool area and myself arrived in the pool area later to an overwhelming smell of chlorine. We noticed on the door the pool attendant that was named Jennifer was consistently taking chlorine levels so the hotel was very aware of the situation. At a later point my girlfriend's brother-in-law actually approached her and she mentioned that it was stronger than usual. Sadly, later in the evening all 3 girls started to complain of not feeling well and one started to have white gunk ooze from her eye. We talked to the front desk about this and they mentioned they were aware of this but did nothing about it. I guess our last thing we wanted was to make a medical complaint about it, because it ruined the whole point of the trip and that was two cousins getting together for a birthday adventure for one day. I highly and I mean highly condemn this hotel for their service and they way they treated the situation. I am by no means asking for a free room because we will not stay at this hotel ever again and are ashamed for giving our hard earned money to stay there. We did ask for a manager and are awaiting a general manager call back after the time allotted and of course to prove a point are still waiting. I know all companies try to cover their tracks but in this case do not listen to the response you get if any back at all on this review because it is lies and I feel that this manager should be removed from their position.

On a side note the sports bars service was horrible as well and we seen two tables get up and walk out because they received no service. I am to the understanding that this is not affilated with the hotel but when you have to doors that open into your hotel you should take responsibility on that is well. I am so sorry for the negative review and this is the first time I have ever done anything like this for a review

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Travis,
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are sorry that some in your party showed sensitivity to the Chlorine. Guest safety is our top priority. The Chlorine levels in our water park are monitored on a timed schedule. If levels are outside of the range stipulated by code, we would shut down the park and would not re-open until all levels were back at safe levels.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Where to start? The restaurant stinks. $13 for 2 waffles and 1 strip of bacon. And coffee. Service was slow and terrible. Forgot 2 orders from our group altogether. Dirty silverware and weird black crud in the coffee. Also i was told on the phone that I was reserving a 2 bed suite with sofa bed that slept 6. Checked in and found it was just a regular room with 2 beds and was told the only suites they have are 1 bed only, so we had to get relatives to let one of our kids sleep in their room! No vending machines so have your own snacks with you. Room clean but no extras. Pillows are mini sized. Parking is a nightmare. It is limited and the lines are so close together it's door ding central.There was a panhandler asking for money in the parking lot. Noisy hallways, thin walls and traffic noise. Positives:close to our reception venue,kids loved 'waterpark' (yes chlorine was strong), room seemed clean, decent workout room.Stay if you must.

• Stayed: October 2013

Clearly your stay at our property fell below your expectations of what a stay should be. We sincerely apologize for your experience at the restaurant. This is not the level of service that we want any guest to endure. We do have snacks available in our pantry which is located next to our check in desk in the lobby. We hope that you choose to stay with us again so that we may show you the best that we can be.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

After we checked in to the hotel my sister's kids and mine went swimming. When we walked in the chlorine stung our eyes and face and was hard to breath. We asked the person working in the pool area and she admitted a problem with the chlorine, but said they could not figure it out. Our kids swam for 2 hours and after had oozing eyes and burning in there throats. The restaurant had horrible service. Three tables walked out because of the service while we were there. After we checked out my sisters credit card was re-authorized after the charge had already gone through. She called and manager could not explain why they were re-charging her card and was rude to her. She had to contact a higher authority due to the fact that my daughter and myself now may have to seek medical treatment for eyes and throat from the chlorine. This was for my daughter's b-day and they planned to swim the entire day, and why we stayed at this hotel. The kids could not swim due to the chlorine burning them. We are waiting to hear back what is going to be done, so far my sister was given extra rewards points. But, I have seen nothing done for my family.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

We truly apologize that your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha was not as pleasant as we all would want and expect for you and your family. We are sorry that your family experienced sensitivity to the Chlorine in the water park and did not have a great stay. We do carefully monitor the Chlorine levels appropriately and would completely close the water park down if the levels were too high and dangerous to our valued guests until the levels are back down to a safe level. The levels were not high enough to shut down the water park, our guests safety is our top priority and we will not hesitate shut down at all if necessary.
When discussing issues with your sister's stay it was not mentioned that anyone received medical attention for that is why it has not been addressed, she stated the kids were showered and okay. Please contact the hotel directly and ask for a manager to further discuss and resolve any unresolved issues. On one of the room two credit cards were given and one of the cards provided at check in was authorized for the estimated charges of your stay but not actually charged just authorized. Another card provided was actually charged for the amount due for the stay. We apologize for any confusion with the two cards and assure you that there will only be one charge per room on the card and the authorizations will be processed by your bank/institution and released back to you by them if there is a hold on your funds and will not be double charged by the hotel. We are deeply disappointed that the restaurant failed to provide an experience that is nothing but exceptional. Please contact the hotel so the GM can make things right.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed with our three kids, ages 3, 7, and 9. We chose this hotel for the water park and the short distance to the zoo. We had to wait for the check in clerk to stop giggling with a male employee before she finally turned her attention to us. The rooms were immaculate and the beds comfortable. Parking is almost non existent, good luck with that. However, this hotel takes advantage of its location. In addition to no free breakfast, they don't even have a vending machine with snacks. Soda machines is all they have. So the desk clerk tells me they have things like snacks and toothbrushes for sale in the lobby. $2.00 for a tiny bag of chez-its that would cost sixty cents in the vending machine. There's no grocery store nearby either, so either pay the prices in the attached restaurant or bring your own snacks. We originally planned a 3 night stay. After two nights I called the desk and asked what the penalty was if we decided not to stay the third night. She said it was no problem, no charge, all we had to do was check out and we wouldn't have to pay the third night. My husband was skeptical so he went down to the desk and checked. Yes, they told him, no problem. The next day we packed up all of our stuff, and loaded the car down. My husband went to check out and they said sorry! Even though you booked directly through our site there is a no cancellation policy and you're stuck with the cost. They didn't care what two different employees had told us, we agreed to three nights and that's what we would be charged for. We told them we were aware of the no cancellation when we booked, but then were told by two different people it wouldn't be a problem. They refused to work with us and said there was no manager available to assist us. After we returned home we called several times until we finally got a manager (Jess?) and she fixed it so we were refunded for the third night. I'm not sure if we would stay here again or not, I imagine we will try someplace else.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Please accept our sincerest apology for the confusion on your room cancellation. We are happy to see that one of our managers was able to resolve the charge for you. Thank you for sharing your experience. We have used your experience as a tool during a review of procedures with the front desk staff. Thank you again for your stay.