“A friendly Holiday Inn in Omaha”

Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport
Ranked #29 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Hyderabad, India
“A friendly Holiday Inn in Omaha”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Holiday Inn in Omaha was booked thru my company, i have been there for 4 Nights. I did enjoyed this Trip very much, due the Hotel and it Service have been very professional and great Atmosphere there. Mostly Businesstravellers there and the Businesscenter was well outfitted. I had a Standard Room, wich was nice decorated. Good Service in their Restaurant too

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We at Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and all the amenities that we have to offer. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here when driving from Denver to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. With a boy age 1 and a boy age 3, 12 hrs is too long in the car in 1 day. My older son loved that the pool area was both the splash pad kind with 2 little slides that were plenty fun along with a pool for real swimming. I loved that there was also a big-kid slide.
The room was very spacious and the beds super comfy.
My limited interaction with the staff was good too.
There is an on-site breakfast but it's not cheap.
Totally recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We absolutely thrilled your little ones enjoyed their stay! Our water park is always a hit with children. We are pleased that you were allowed an opportunity to relax in one of our spacious comfy rooms. Please do come see us again soon!
Grinnell, Iowa
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great location, very clean, lots to do nearby. Only downside was hotel staff didn't seem to be familiar with the surrounding area, and had to wait on them as they were not at the desk and appeared to be inattentive to the guests standing at the front desk. Could also use a breakfast setup.

Room Tip: Higher up, better the view of the city!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us. As a full service Holiday Inn (i.e. with restaurant), we do not offer a continental breakfast as the limited service Holiday Inn Express hotels do. However, we do encourage you to book you next visit at the breakfast rate and that will include a plated breakfast from the restaurant located inside our facility. Thank you again for your stay.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was a nice hotel to stay at. No complaints except for the parking. There is very limited parking and the hotel is next to a ball room so it's always full. The service was great. They have a shuttle service that will transport you back and forth to the downtown area since the hotel is a few blocks away from the main street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post on your experience at Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha. We do our best to monitor the hotel parking lot in an effort to only allow parking for our registered guest. It makes our day that you were able to take advantage of the shuttle for your outings. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

First, we stay here frequently when we come to Omaha. This is the second straight time there was NO parking! It sits next to Tip Top Ballroom so all of their guest take up the spots. When we have asked management what they were going to do, they said they would have someone tell them to move. Did people move? You guessed it.... so I promptly went over to this ballroom and THEY HAD PARKING! So I asked the manager if I could park in her lot and she said "not if I didn't wanted towed" to which I said "good can you tell your folks to move their vehicles out of our parking lot!". She obliged. Some people did come over and move their cars. Point is why does it take a customer to do this? There's a riff between restaurant and hotel so now you pay for an over priced hotel. I can understand having ONE bad experience but now it's becoming a regular routine. I won't come back and I wouldn't recommend staying here either. Pool isn't worth the hassle.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank meyerfam5
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. Thanks to guests like yourself, we have the opportunity to give attention to situations that may require improvement. We obviously want to apologize for the inconveniences you have described, and promise that we will address them. We anticipate the opportunity to regain your confidence with our services in the future. Thank you again for your input, your patience, and your patronage.
Excelsior Springs, Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very nice hotel. Very comfortable beds. The small water park they have is very nice, they give you 5 free passes per room but since when is it ok for motels to start charging to use the swimming pools. I realize they have a playground and 3 story slide but they have a pool, barely 4 ft deep. There is a restaurant connected to it. Very good pizza but can't say I would recommend much else from there. I guess my only other complaint is it seems a little pricey to me. They charged 170.00 per room and this was supposedly with a discount. I would stay there again because it is a really nice motel and I like the area it is in. Just don't like some of the "fringe benefits".

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, this motel only has king size beds. we stayed in a single king that had a hide...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Eric,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Every room at Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha feature the most comfortable beds in town. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal at the Union and we have shared your comment with them. The pricing strategy at our hotel is determined in direct correlation with the other hotels in our locale having the same amenities. Thank you once again for commenting on your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The room was good and clean. I expected a standard hotel room with a king size bed, but to my surprise the room had a divider that divided the room into a sitting area and a sleeping area. It felt like a mini suite but the size of the room in fact was similar to a standard guest room. I thought that was interesting. The bed was okay, and the room was quiet. It would be nice if the hotel offered a complimentary breakfast. I did have a breakfast at the hotel. The pancakes were just okay and the service was a little slow. My stay at this hotel was very short so I didn't have chances to use other amenities or services. The location was good for my purpose; it was close to the airport and my business location in downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are pleased that you found your room to be clean and quiet. We are saddened to learn that your experience at the Union did not meet your expectations. We have conveyed your experience to the owner's of the restaurant. Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha is a full service hotel and in such, we do not provide a complimentary breakfast as our limited service sister hotels do. However, for future reservations, do inquire about the breakfast rate, which includes a plated breakfast. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon.