“How did we not hear about this place before?!”

Tussey's Casual Grill
Ranked #188 of 1,383 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Heard about Tussey's from our daughter. It's called a "casual" grill, and the place isn't anything fancy, but the food we had was excellent. My wife had a veggie burger that she said was delicious. I had the talupia Vera Cruz, which also was excellent. The service was great too! What a great find.

1  Thank HawkEyedHusker

Reviewed November 28, 2009

I guess really there's not a lot to be said about this place. I've eaten there a few times and none of the meals that I ordered were impressive by any means. The food is run of the mill and the service is hit or miss. It feels like the atmosphere of the restaurant was given more thought than the food. I walked in expecting a great meal but left feeling indifferent.

If you happen to be out that way, it's not a bad place to stop. But I won't be raving about it to any of my friends.

1  Thank openroadjunky
Reviewed April 27, 2009

A little off the beaten path, although it's close to the Interstate. The closest intersection is actually 48th and McKinley. Had a cuban sandwich and raspberry lemonade. Both delicious. Sandwich comes with a small salad. Total bill under ten dollars. Will go again, and plan to try their Sunday brunch, too.

1  Thank cruisestitcher
Reviewed October 7, 2008

Found a winner here. Stopped by for lunch and it was all very good.
Had the open-faced prime rib sandwich special. A fair-sized portion, tender, succulent, and satisfying; even the fries were perfect.
For dessert Chef Mark's Coconut Flan is a simply delicious indulgence as was the carrot cake.
Great lunch, friendly service, ample portions, and very reasonable prices. Highly recommended!

2  Thank ebfunk
Reviewed September 1, 2008

A nice change for north Omaha restaurants. Inside is comfortable and contemporary. The menu is great, with seafood and the standard beef and chicken dishes. Execution is good. Better than average salads. Menu is eclectic with southwest, Italian, and bistro type dishes. Everything I've tried was great. Full bar too.

Service is hit and miss. We've been there three times, once good, once so-so, and one real bad.

2  Thank mikeahfi