“Recommended by a friend...now recommended by me!”

Petrow's Restaurant
Ranked #382 of 1,387 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family owned restaurant operating in Nebraska for over 100 years. Located in the Aksarben area of Omaha, we specialize in home cooked specialties such as hot beef sandwiches, hand-cut and breaded pork tenderloins, steaks, chicken fried steaks and an impressive selection of home-made ice cream, pies and cakes.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

While in Omaha a friend recommended that we eat breakfast at Petrow's. It was so good I bought his breakfast which honestly didn't cost very much!

Old style eatery. Much nicer inside than the view from the street. They have obviously expanded a couple times.

Had an awesome western scramble on top of crispy American fries (thinly sliced potatoes and onions). Yummy. Service was very friendly and fast. Prices are very reasonable. We got there when they opened at 6:30 AM and there was already a small line.

Going to go back for lunch and dinner! Want to try their ice cream fountain.

1  Thank MikeKerrey

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Petrow's is the perfect place to take guests visiting Omaha...or a great place if you want to get a taste of our city. Good steaks and great malts, pies, banana splits keeps the folks at Petrow's busy. Petrow's Hot Beef Sandwich is a favorite of mine. The dark, rich beef gravy over fork-tender beef, piled high on locally made bread is only half of tis taste-bud pleasing dish. The big portionof real mashed potatoes covered in this beefy gravy is what keeps my fmily returning time after time. We also highly recommend the pork tenderloin dinner. Where else do you get a second cut of tenderloin...which makes a real tasty sandwich for lunch the next day? Save room for dessert....and take half of your meal home for later. Home is where Petrow's home cooking will take you.

1  Thank Pescadero50
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I went to Petrow's on a Saturday for lunch. The restaurant was full, but we still got seated without a wait. The service was outstanding, we were greeted when we walked in and our server was great. Towards the end of our meal the manager came and checked on us. The food was amazing, even my picky daughter loved the food. Make sure to get something from the soda fountain, you will not regret it.

1  Thank Russell2001
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place is great. I have never had a bad meal here. I have gone to the restaurant with several friends and I always enjoyed it. It is like an old time diner. Very simple in the food and the decor but it is always a great experience.

1  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The old fashion soda fountain is a nice look. The homemade malts are thick and tasty. Petrows has been around forever so they are doing something right. Service is always good and the location off of 60th and Center is easily accessable. Prices are reasonable.