“Grew up in this area and proud of it.”

St. Cecilia's Cathedral
Ranked #13 of 114 things to do in Omaha
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided tours are available through this Spanish Renaissance-style cathedral, which contains stained-glass windows from the 16th century.
Moorhead, IA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Grew up in this area and proud of it.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went to school and St Cecilia's for both grade school and I graduated from the high school in 1979. I was also married in this church. I moved away later in my life but I have very fond memories of this church and the Priests and Nuns who tought us. I'm very proud to say I have a history there.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank vada61

• Korean first
Carroll, Iowa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful and inspirational!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My family and I decided to stick around Omaha an extra 5 hours just so we could attend the evening Mass at this beautiful cathedral! Picture taking inside is not allowed, however there were a few girls taking photos when we were there. It is enormous, has speakers on the end of every pew, and best of all, the Priest was very inspirational! I was teary eyed as he was speaking! I would recommend this to everyone, no matter their devotion.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank kapmom44
st joseph
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Unexpected visit, worth the stop.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family was driving around Omaha doing a little sightseeiing. We came upon St. Cecilias. Not knowing if we could enter, we walked up and opened the door. We were amazed by how stunning this church was. Beautiful staind glass, carved sculptures, an incredible pipe organ and so much more. It's worth a trip to see this wonderful cathedral that has held up so well through the years.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank sightseesylvia P
Omaha, Nebraska
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just as lovely as many cathedrals I have visited in Europe. Definitely worth a trip to go see. They also hold many musical events at the cathedral and their organ is, as far as I know, the best in town.

Visited December 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 532 helpful votes
“Listed on National Register of Historic Places”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Most of the time we use the bypass of Omaha on our way around the city, but this time we decided to visit Saint Cecilia Cathedral. We are glad we stopped. The style is Spanish renaissance revival and it is stunning. The 52 stained glass windows were lovely. There is a nice gift shop located in the Cathedral Cultural Center. Stop by and pick up a guide for 25 cents. They also have other items such as postcards. In this building is a history museum, art gallery and lecture hall.

Ranked as one of the 10 largest cathedrals in the United States it was designed by Thomas Rogers Kimball. Be sure to walk around the cathedral outside & take pictures.

Web site www.stceciliacathedral.org/