“Medival”
Review of Joslyn Castle

Joslyn Castle
Ranked #25 of 128 things to do in Omaha
More attraction details
Owner description: The estate of entrepreneur George Joslyn and his wife Sarah.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I still love to drive by there ever chance that I get. The structure is surely that of what can be found over in Germany. It was beautiful inside, and the history of the things are fantantisc.

1  Thank Barbara D M

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We were definitely disappointed in the experience here. First of all, you MUST have cash. In this day and age who would have thought any place was cash ONLY?! Second, the property is not well maintained. There is virtually no furniture in the house. The rooms are not restored well if at all. The top floor is a giant empty space with a modern feel and carpet. I agree with the other reviewer that called it tacky. Save a couple bucks and head up to Council Bluffs to the Dodge House.

9  Thank BeachBound2013
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I would have loved to go in. We did drive around the grounds and it looked beautiful. I didn't realize until we had driven out to Omaha that they are open very limited hours unless you can make an appointment for a large group. It would be an ideal place for a wedding or party!!

2  Thank deegeegirl
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went here for an outdoor wedding. It was really nice to see. We were able to tour the place after the wedding and see all the rooms

1  Thank MrsEOmahaNebraska
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Beautiful inside. Exhibits are always changing and interesting.

Been to Joslyn Castle? Share your experiences!