“Great Area”
Review of Old Market

Old Market
Ranked #5 of 127 things to do in Omaha
More attraction details
Owner description: Omaha preserves its historic place in time in this historic section of town where visitors can stroll along the cobbled streets and explore the many preserved buildings.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed walking through this area. I loved the architecture and how these old building were brought to life again. We ate at some good restaurants in this area.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The old warehouse district of Omaha has had a transformation over the years. A great place to eat and walk around at night. During the day browse the gallerias, check out the farmers markets and other stores.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

It's always fun to walk around here and look in the shops and maybe eat some homemade ice cream, then go to the big slide with the kids

1  Thank CindyWaynesvilleGa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Old Market is a great place to hang out for the afternoon. I found a lot of great shops and there is a wide variety of restaurants. I parked on Faram Street because I went to the Visitor Center first. The metered parking is 75 cents and hour and you can park for 3 hours. I had lunch at Zio's, a pizzeria which was pretty good. I found a great vinyl record store by the name of Homer. Awesome selections. I'm sure there is so much to see so allow plenty of time. I want to go back and check out some of the wine bars.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our last visit to the Old Market in Omaha, Nebraska must have been about 15 years ago when we lived in Lincoln, NE and made regular trips to the "big" city. So we were somewhat familiar with the city. What drew us there those many years ago was the Nebraska Furniture Mart and we especially liked eating at the Spaghetti Works restaurant in the Old Market back then with our young children. But we were turned off by the rest of the Old Market area. But, after reading a letter to the editor in our Kansas City Star newspaper crowing about Omaha and the Old Market, and how Kansas City needs to take note, we decided to revisit Omaha.And we weren't disappointed. Omaha has worked hard to clean up the old warehouses and boarded up buildings that used to be such an eyesore in their downtown riverfront area. Today there are parks and sculptures and hotels, arenas where concerts and sporting events take place, and a funky Old Market...and yes, the Spaghetti Works restaurant is still there...where it has been for 30 years! We had a great dinner there and strolled around the Old Market enjoying an antique shop and just watching people. The hotel we stayed at suggested we take their shuttle so we wouldn't have to jockey for parking spaces...most of the hotels run shuttles to the Old Market which has become a destination. We spent the next day at the Joselyn Art Museum and marveled at the "new" addition the museum had built...13 years ago! We plan to stay informed about Omaha and will look forward to going to a concert or some other event in the future now that Omaha and the Old Market has become a destination! Omaha! Who knew? (The little kids will love the balloon man on the corner next to the Spaghetti Works.)

Been to Old Market? Share your experiences!