“Good, but not great...”

Twisted Fork Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Twisted Fork Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,387 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between S. 10th St. and S. 11th St.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Following a ball game we went to Twisted Fork and found we were able to get in right away; interior was inviting; service engaging. We ordered appetizers that arrived with our meal (I hate that). I ordered the special which was salmon with crab cake-good but slightly off (sauce was too dramatic and overpowering). We really wanted dessert but think our server was tired....we went back today and got dessert to go (bread pudding) and the wait was worth it!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

It was a random wed night and hardly anyone was patronizing the place. Although surrounding restaurants were busy. Service was nice but slow. Ordered a mojito and could not even finish it. Food was below average. Will never go back. Locals I met told me to not go there. Ambience and idea is cool but execution is poor.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I came here for an early dinner. I couldn't decide between the buttermilk fried chicken salad (since I'd been hoping for a salad anyway) and the smoked gouda mac n cheese (seriously, I have to pick?!) I opted for the salad and a side of the mac n cheese which ended up being a perfect choice. My salad was hearty and included two deviled eggs on the side! The chicken was tender and the salad dressing was homemade. The mac n cheese...I cannot even describe how good it was. So delicious I'm glad I only had a small portion because it would have been bad for my waistline!

Also enjoyed a peach bellini with my meal. The service was good, the food arrived in a timely manner and it was an overall nice experience.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ever since we moved to Omaha 6 years ago, Twisted Fork Grill and Bar has always been a place I've wanted to try. On 5/22 we finally did it. We didn't have reservations, and weren't sure how busy it would be, considering it was a Tuesday night. We arrived a little after 5 p.m., went inside and were seated out on the patio relatively quick. So far, so good. The waiter came out and took our drink orders...this is where service began to slide. It took approximately 10 minutes for our waters and kids chocolate milks to arrive. After that it was an additional 10-15 minutes before our waiter returned to take our orders. As we were sitting outside people started to steadily enter the restaurant as it got closer to the 6 o'clock dinner hour. We sat and waited, and waited, and finally after nearly 45 minutes our food came out. Far from ideal when you have three impatient kids sitting with you. Our server quickly sat the food down and went back inside. We didn't have any silverware or napkins on our table, we needed additional condiments, and I had the wrong side order with my meal (I didn't say anything about this because of the time it had already taken). We waited an additional 10 minutes until that was all settled and we were ready to FINALLY eat.

The food:
I ordered the grilled meatloaf sandwich. My first impression...SERIOUSLY, HOW CAN YOU SCREW UP A MEATLOAF SANDWICH!? It was so chalked full of mustard seeds that it completely overpowered the taste of the meatloaf, cheese and onions. I am not that picky of an eater, but I had to choke this sandwich down. The ciabatta bread that it came on was good, for what it's worth.

My wife ordered the apple-wood smoked bacon ranch burger. This was pretty good, but the bun that it came on was WAY too much bread. She also substituted the kettle chips for sweet potato fries. The s.p. fries were under cooked and mushy.

The kids ordered grilled cheese sandwiches and waffle fries. They all enjoyed their food.

When we were done eating, I flagged down our waiter. He brought me the check, and I gave him my gift certificate. He said that he had to go inside and would be right back. 20 MINUTES LATER, he finally came back with the bill, and then had to take my debit card inside to process the payment.

Dear Twisted Fork managers, maybe you should consider having more than one server to handle inside and out responsibilities. It should not take 2 hours for an eating experience that would take 45 minutes anywhere else. We were on our way to the zoo for an event and missed the first hour of it because of our slow service. I heard at least 3 or 4 other tables of people that were eating outside get up and leave because of the slow service. I don't know if it was just an off night, but I really had high hopes for this place...and left disappointed.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good place for above average comfort food. It's location in Old Market gives it a nice ambiance. Service was good, so all around an OK place for lunch.

Been to Twisted Fork Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!