“Healthy, better than average, unique concept”
Review of Jason's Deli

Jason's Deli
Ranked #202 of 1,399 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Jason's Deli now has a location on 123rd and L Streets. As soon as I walked in for lunch one day I knew it would become one of my favorites. The salad bar is increcible. Fresh everything and strawberry shortcake, and banana pudding, and these little muffins in a variety of daily flavors. I can put a salad together the way I would in my own kitchen. They even have things like artichoke hearts. They have an assortment of nuts and seeds and croutons and garlic toasts..... for, I kid you not....... all for $7.49. Get a sandwich if you want, they look amazing, with unusually healthy sides available, but why when you can have a wonderfully fresh salad, all you can eat, and tons of other stuff. You can even add a helping of meat to go with your salad for a nominal fee. Great place for lunch. Go in the middle of the afternoon when its quiet......heaven.

Reviewed April 13, 2008

My wife and I went to Jason's Deli for the first time today after being told about it by some friends. Upon walking in you experience a slight sensory overload as you try to figure out how to order. Unlike a lot of traditional restaurants you don't order from a waitress and unlike a fast-food restaurant you don't see a menu board other than one that features the day's specials.

The friendly order taker handed us some menus to look over so we went ahead and sat down at a table as we figured out what we wanted. There definitely is not a lack of variety at this restaurant and it features a full-on salad bar and complimentary soft serve ice cream for all customers. We decided on a turkey reuben and the "Beefeater" french dip. While you can get several sides with the sandwiches we opted for chips. They also feature more of a full dinner type of menu with sides and a salad.

After going up to the counter we placed our orders and moved down the line a bit to the register to pay. Oh, by the way the prices aren't that bad. My sandwich was about $6.79 and I believe the reuben was less. Not bad. After paying we zig zagged our ticket to another person at the end of the line who gave us instructions and our number on how to get our food.

About five mintues later the food was brought out to us and everything was pretty hot. Other than the fact that I didn't get the baked potato chips nor the pickle I requested, which was not a special request but actually listed as a menu option, our food was excellent. The portions are more than enough and I tend to eat a lot for lunches and even I was stuffed. I highly recommend the beefeater to anyone who loves roast beef and provolone. I swear there had to be more than one-half pound of the stuff in my sandwich.

As for the mistake with my order, I guess it is little details like that that make me wish people would pay more attention once in a while as when our order was handed to us the food deliverer read back our orders but didn't seem to notice my fried ripple chips and lack of a pickle but at any point along the way I could have complained but decided not to.

All in all we were pleased but it would be nice if they would simplify the ordering process by having a regular menu board with all selections listed as well as one place to order and one place to pay. If you want a good meal in a nice restaurant with a lot of space, and free desert, eat at Jason's Deli!

1  Thank travisp11

Been to Jason's Deli? Share your experiences!