“Great value. Very clean.”

Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Ranked #60 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I am staying here as I have an early flight out tomorrow. It was one of the cheaper rooms near the airport but is very clean and affordable. The room includes a kitchenette, recliner, and movies you can check out. A helpful nice lady checked me in.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank jtd23
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The hotel is very nice and clean. Some things that keep it from being above average. No breakfast. They have a pantry you can purchase over-priced items at and prepare in your room if you desire. The pillows are terrible and after lying on them shrink into the size of a softball. I paid for a queen bed suite and got a full-size bed which when you are used to sleeping a certain way for many years when you are crammed into a smaller bed makes for bad sleeping. Neither my wife nor I were able to sleep comfortably. And if you are wondering we are not big stature but after awhile you come to be used to a certain amount of sleeping space per person. The rooms were clean and the shower was nice but the shower head is high on the wall and is the type that spreads the water with no middle water openings which puts an open space in between the streams and was just odd. There are a few other hotels right around the area that have been much better in quality and services. There is an elevator to the upper floors at least.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank robsdaman
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear obsdaman,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel to your satisfaction. However I appreciate that you have provided us with valuable feedback so that we may improve.
Best wishes for future travels.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I book this hotel for our wrestling team competing at the CenturyLink Center. It was a great location for our event and the rooms were very clean. The full kitchen is great when you are staying for more than one day. We were very happy with the service and staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Doug G
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed a week and a half at this location for business. VERY CLEAN rooms, convenient location, great price, hotel staff was friendly and no complaints at all.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SPXW_CL_Traveler
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The hotel was very quiet, one of the most soundproof hotels I've ever stayed at. It was much better than the other hotels we have tried near the airport.
The room was very spacious and had a HUGE walk-in closet. The bathroom was well sized and had heavy duty tiles on the floor and a marble shower surround. The towels were very thick and plush. We also had a full size kitchenette complete with dishes and a hardwood floor. There was a leather recliner and two comfy office chairs at the table. The bedding was new and comfy.
We stayed at this hotel to catch an early flight, as it was very convenient to the airport. By leaving so early we wouldn't have eaten breakfast at the hotel anyway. It is great for a one night stay, but I wouldn't care to stay for several nights without daily housekeeping and breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HUSKERTRAVELER
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This place was new in 2009 and still feels new. The rooms are fully furnished with a full-size fridge, smooth cook-top, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes, large microwave (stocked with free popcorn), large flat-screen TV, DVD player, etc. You can check out a DVD from a large selection at the front desk. Laundry machines are complimentary. I like the quiet HVAC. Close to the airport but no airport noise noted. The desk is large with lots of outlets. My desk chair wouldn't adjust and they replaced it right away. Wireless internet and CAT 5 connection if you want it. I slept soundly in the comfortable bed. There's not much close by but the front desk will direct you wherever you want. If you forget something, they have a good selection of groceries and snacks at market prices downstairs here in what they call the Candlewood Cupboard. Stock your cupboards and stay awhile. You'll like it. Good, helpful staff here too

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank inspectordude
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Priority Club was having a deal if you stayed at different properties and this was the only reason I decided to stay at this location. This is my first stay at a Candlewood property and I can say I wasn't impressed. It was a nice, average suite property room (full refrig, microwave, cooktop, flat screen tv). The big thing for me is that I didn't know that you didn't get daily housekeeping. I didn't think I would mind after I found out (by not getting it the next day when I got back to my room), but trash piles up amongst other things.

The location has a lot to be desired. Only a Subway at a gas station within walking distance. The next closest is around 2-3 miles away in the Old Market area...fast food is further yet.

I'm also used to having breakfast provided and I knew going into this that they did not provide it. It's amazing how much I missed it after 4 days of eating McD's every morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kkitelin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha Airport
Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn
Hampton Inn Omaha Airport
Hampton Inn Omaha Airport
#2 of 6 in Carter Lake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown

Been to Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport? Share your experiences!