“Ho-hum”

Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Ranked #63 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Priority Club was having a deal if you stayed at different properties and this was the only reason I decided to stay at this location. This is my first stay at a Candlewood property and I can say I wasn't impressed. It was a nice, average suite property room (full refrig, microwave, cooktop, flat screen tv). The big thing for me is that I didn't know that you didn't get daily housekeeping. I didn't think I would mind after I found out (by not getting it the next day when I got back to my room), but trash piles up amongst other things.

The location has a lot to be desired. Only a Subway at a gas station within walking distance. The next closest is around 2-3 miles away in the Old Market area...fast food is further yet.

I'm also used to having breakfast provided and I knew going into this that they did not provide it. It's amazing how much I missed it after 4 days of eating McD's every morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kkitelin

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend of leisure with goals for visiting Henry Doorly Zoo, The Heartland of America Park, and the Old Market area of Omaha. Man were we impressed. We stayed in a Queen Suite, not one with a seperated bedroom, but an open plan. The young man at the front desk was extremely helpful and kind upon check-in. I asked if he could recommend his favorite restaurant to eat at and he immediately offered advice with a smile. We loved the location and the value of the hotel overall. We paid about $25.00 less per night than we saw other hotels listed for and we are sure that we couldn't have improved on the room. It's less than 2 miles to downtown Omaha, which is extremely easy to travel.
The FABULOUS: Huge rooms, full size fridge, two burner stove and dishes, pots, and pans, very comfy beds, Egyptian cotton sheets, high quality towels, extremely clean, wood floor in kichen area, granite in kitchen and bathroom, bathroom has a true cabinets under the sink for storage of your stuff, quiet air/heat unit, LEATHER RECLINER!, Leather executive chair and sitting chair for desk/table area, FREE WI-FI IN ROOM, A REAL CLOSET : ), geez...shall I go on?
The GOOD: Off a main road, along with a large gas station within 100 yards.
The Bad: That we couldn't stay another night

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank opinee8ed
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The room was equipped with a full kitchen, including a full-sized fridge, two burner fridge, dishes, utensils and a dishwasher. We only stayed one night, but it would be good location for an extended stay. The hotel is very close to the airport and a short/easy drive to downtown Omaha. There is a gas station and convenience store next to the hotel, but no restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank CheeseMouse
Reviewed February 4, 2011

It is clean, the personnel are pretty nice people, and the rooms are clean.
only bad thing is that they have no breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ponchohq
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I traveled here for business and I have to say this is one of the best hotel experiences I have had for quite some time. The front desk staff was very helpful, the room was very clean and well stocked. I stayed from Monday through Friday and was very pleased. I will definately use this hotel in the future if I need to stay for business again in Omaha.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank soreano
Reviewed March 7, 2009

The property is in great shape, which is to be expected since it's still new. The check-in process was easy and friendly. The Candlewood Pantry has a good variety of items. Nice TVs, and the separate DVD player is a great bonus. The queen room isn't much larger than a normal hotel room, so if you're going to stay longer term, get a 2-room suite. The kitchen area is nicely appointed and clean. HVAC works great. Bed is quite comfy. The location is not the greatest, but hey ... it's an airport-area hotel. If you have a car, you can easily drive to plenty of nice places in 5 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank bogberto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport
Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West

Been to Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport? Share your experiences!