“OMG! Great food and a delightful experience!”
Review of Dario's Brasserie

Dario's Brasserie
Ranked #42 of 1,383 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 50th
Description: Omaha's only Brasserie, serving the finest Belgian beers and traditional French-Belgian cuisine in the heart of Dundee.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

An anniversary celebration took us to Dario's Brasserie this last weekend. My husband, daughter and I had made reservations. We were greeted at the door and seated immediately. Our server was pleasant and attentive. Over a glass of wine and bread, we made our final decisions for dinner. My husband had the rainbow trout and announced it to be outstanding. My daughter ordered the pheasant dish and finished the entire dish. I had the free-range chicken and it was the most tasty and juicy chicken breast ever! It was done to perfection. We concluded the meal with their banana/nutella dessert crepe and were literally scraping the plate! The prices are really not that bad when you consider what you get. You don't mind paying the price if the food is great! The brasserie is very nice and has that European flair. We always want to try new places when we go to Omaha, but it will be hard not to have a repeat appearance at Dario's Brasserie! Two thumbs up!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent offerings of mussels and a variety of French/Belgian choices - many of which we've tried over 4 visits and have always been pleased.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've been to Dario's several times, and have always enjoyed the experience there. The food and service is top notch as is the food. I'm always pleased with great service, and Dario's is no exception. The beer is great, a little pricey, but another change from the norm. I highly recommend making a stop to Dario's!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was the second time I've been to this restaurant. The first experience was as poor as the second experience. By the urging of my significant other, I gave it a second chance. It failed. Miserably.

My first experience was last year, when I went here for dinner with friends. I had a french onion soup and hamburger. The french onion soup was completely bland. Had no flavor. The hamburger was equally unimpressive. I've had much better at Fudrucker's, at a much lower price.

Not only is the food a "fail," but so is the environment. So loud you can't hear the people YELLING at you from across the table.

My second experience was yesterday, for a Sunday brunch. They open at 10:00, we arrived at 10:05, and were promptly seated. The first thing I ordered was a decaf coffee. My significant other ordered an espresso. Well they don't have espresso. So she ordered a cappuccino. Well they don't have that either. Seriously, a "European" restaurant that doesn't offer espresso or cappuccino?!

Fifteen minutes after ordering my decaf, it still had not arrived. But then we were ready to order our bruch. And we sort of had to get moving, because we had a flight to catch. Since taking our order, our waitress had "disappeared." Meaning, we had not seen her since she took my order for the decaf. Twenty minutes later she arrived with my decaf. Her statement, "I'm sorry you had to wait so long for this. I'm a little disturbed by our decaf situation." Well join the club.

As I looked around the restaurant, I saw 4 tables occupied, 4 waitresses trying to look busy, a hostess walking around, and 2 buys behind the bar pretending to be busy. One would think, with all these employees, shouldn't the coffee be brewed and ready to serve when they open the doors?!

We ordered a crepe with brie, and eggs benedict, and shared both. The food was served in a reasonable amount of time. BUT, the crepe was not hot, not warm, not luke warm. It was room temperature. The brie was not even melted, and resembled cottage cheese in appearance. It would be best decribed as..... disgusting.

The eggs benedict had about as much flavor as the french onion soup I had last year when I visited this place. That is to say, it was entirely bland.

I gave this place a second chance. It failed. Need I say more?

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Dario's is located in the heart of Dundee, a very historic neighborhood in Omaha. Dario's menu carries has a sophisticated sense, with items ranging from lamb to mussels a la provencal and much in between. The frites are great. Nonetheless, the restaurant itself carries a very understated and tasteful decor, which always feels welcoming. In addition to the great food, ambience, and locality, Dario's has a beer selection that cannot be topped. With your meal, you can choose from a great number of beers, mainly Belgian, that can rarely be found, including Duvel, a personal favorite of mine.

Overall, just a great place to eat in a great neighborhood with great beer.

My opinion aside, my spouse has indicated that at times her food was not 5 star. For example, one time she indicated the steak was tougher than she thought it should be. Still, I would list it as a strong recommendation.