“Good food, nice atmosphere and friendly service”
Review of Kugelofen

Kugelofen
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Weinheim
Cuisines: German, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Kugelofen restaurant is placed in the middle of the market place in pittoresque Weinheim. Interior is warm and cosy and I could imagine that it also will be nice to eat there outside in the summertime. We got chicken livers on a salad. You hardly see that on a restaurant menu, so I immediately grabbed the opportunity to check this dish. The livers were really soft and tender and not to dry and there was a nice salad and dressing. There a number of other types of dishes, so I reckon most people will be able to find something they like here. It seems like the prices are slightly higher in this restaurant than in some of the others ones on the market place, but as the quality of the food seems really good, I can warmly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been here twice for dinner, once with a friend and once for business, and had very fine experiences both times. Dining during the week, the restaurant was completely filled on both occasions. The staff was welcoming and friendly to locals and travelers alike. The downstairs dining area is small, but has a nice atmosphere even though tables are close together. Upstairs is less decorative, although our businues group did better having a larger table upstairs. The menu has a huge variety - everything from traditional German to Italian to Spanish. One evening I had a nice pasta dish, another evening took advantage of the holiday roast goose with all the trimmings. Also very good wines - a fine Chianti one night and a great Spanish red with the goose. It is easy for me to recommend dining here, and I would suggest having reservations for dinner.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

One of my favorite place in Weinheim and I always try to give it 2-3 visit every summer. Unfortunately this summer the food din't really live up to its usual standard. I sincerely hope next summer everything will be back in order and I'll change my rating to very good for the food and value.

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in the town on a stop over and found this place simply by browsing in the market place.

Nice restaurant, very good food an reasonably priced. Waitress knew little English and we little German, but we got by and the result was a lovely meal in a really nice location.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Located on Market Platz in Weinheim, it's a pleasure to sit outside in good weather at Kugelofen. The service is very friendly, fast and efficient, the food is in the good average, The ratio price-quality is ok, but nothing more.
The menu is international, with preference for mediterranean cooking. Great food, delicious pizza, the menu offers a wide variety and the ingredients are all fresh, except for fishes who are frozen. For whom wants to eat correctly.