“Great alternative to staying in Ravensburg”

Hotel-Gasthof Baeren
Hotel-Gasthof Baeren
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Weingarten
S.Wales
“Great alternative to staying in Ravensburg”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel recently on a work trip, and it was absolutely great for what we needed. Rooms are spacious, with a wardrobe, desk, small sofa, TV and mini bar fridge. The bed was two single beds pushed together and one single duvet, but I imagine this was because we had single rooms. In fact, one of my colleagues just had a single bed in his room. The duvet and pillows were a bit soft and strange for me, but they were fine for a good night’s sleep! Our rooms were also en-suite, with shower, WC and washbasin, and a hairdryer too. Everything was really clean and the rooms were cleaned every day, with the option of new towels if you wanted.

We arrived at the hotel at 12.30am, and when we phoned ahead, we were told to ring a bell at the back door (which is around the right side of the hotel). I couldn’t see how to do this, but there was a code screen. We phoned them instead and someone came downstairs to give us our keys. I was on the third floor, and there’s no lift from what I saw. This wasn’t a problem for me, but thought I’d better mention it. Breakfast was lovely, a buffet with bacon and eggs, but also cereal, juice, nice yoghurt and fruit plus continental things too. We also had dinner in the hotel one night too. I had a traditional Swabian dish of sausages and lentils, which I very much enjoyed. Even the sceptics around me agreed the lentils were lovely! The restaurant was always full and there’s a big menu, it’s very good food.

The hotel is in Weingarten, which is 4km from Ravensburg and not far from Lake Constance. Weingarten itself is very pretty. Despite it being small, it has the second largest church in Germany! The hotel is a two minute walk from the Basilica, which is famous for its organ (apparently the 44th largest in the world with 6600 pipes). The church really is a must, it’s very famous and the artwork is breathtaking. I’m not sure if it was this church, or another nearby, but if you sleep with the window open, you can hear church bells chiming all night. I didn’t mind this, and slept through most of them but just a note!

Overall, a really nice hotel in a nice location. I’ve already recommended it to lots of people!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Welsh_Lal

• Czech first
Finland
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We spent 4 nights during new years time in the hotel and it was perfect. The double room was spacious, room was clean, heating worked very well in winter time, breakfast was good, Hotel has a high level restaurant at downstairs and food/drinks were cheap, free car parking, free Wlan, fridge in room, etc. Everything worked well and staff was friendly. This is one of the best hotels in Germany where I have ever been. Star rating should be at least 4 or more.

Hotel it self was decorated with wood, it looks so idyllic than in TV series, absolutely great place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Really nice hotel over a restaurant almost right on the huge, historic abbey there. We paid 70 euro a night, including a terrific breakfast spread. Our room, on the top floor (rather a steep climb with luggage) was a corner room with two windows that looked out onto the town and church. Great location, and a side parking lot for our car. Clean. We were there only for one night, but the food downstairs was good for lunch and dinner too.

• Liked — The corner room, and the restaurant below, and the convenient parking, and location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank fraidofflying
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weingarten
Best Western Parkhotel Weingarten
#1 of 7 in Ravensburg
Hotel Goldene Uhr
Hotel Goldene Uhr
#6 of 7 in Ravensburg

Been to Hotel-Gasthof Baeren? Share your experiences!