Columbia River Inn
Coulee House Motel(Coulee Dam)
$99
$38
$37
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewslaser light showvisitor centergrand coulee damroom and comfortable bedsbad pointspepper jacknice hot tubrooms are smallthe entire propertycute hotelprivate deckfitness centercoffee potdirectly across the streetfantastic stayclose proximitycolumbia river
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Columbia Inn is an alright place to stay at but I can't say it's excellent. Firstly there is not a whole lot of choice/competition in the area. The price you pay for what you get is not excellent. The rooms were clean I have to say that much. The AC worked and the Internet was fast.

The room itself felt like I was in a basement suite from the 70's. It looked like it was renovated by a handyman with few skills. Pine panelling on the walls, door trim that didn't fit right, home made closet doors etc. Everything in the room either creaked or squeaked. Doors, chairs, bed etc. The absolute worst pillows of my 14 day trip.

I certainly won't be returning to this area anytime soon and if I do it will be a day trip from somewhere with nicer accommodation and places to eat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WingNutt2000
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Not many hotels in the Grand Coulee dam area that you would want to stay at. This one was nicely located across the street from the Dam Museum and the Grand Coulee Dam. It was in great working order, very clean and the rooms were simple but nicely appointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bionicbob
Reviewed August 8, 2013

First off, the lady with the "short hair and glasses" was wonderful!! She was very accommodating to myself, friend and triplet 2 year olds!! We did not have reservations, took a chance and she was able to give us the last 2 Queen size rooms. My children are very busy, but she took the time to watch them while we unpacked the car...what wonderful service!!! The rooms were lovely, and we would recommend this inn to anyone!

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Janine S
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I honestly have to say that although this place looks really nice and cozy on the outside..on the inside not so much ! The lady at the front desk with the glasses is one rude lady! After a long day of traveling we stopped here to enquire about a room. The lady at the front desk was so rude!
This is not a place for children..they are not welcome here! She went around cleaning fingerprints of windows and door knobs ..following my children with a rag so to speak! Who does that! I couldn't imagine doing that in my own home yet alone a paying customer coming to a hotel! We didn't stay here...she gave us the stink eye...terrible customer service...

So next time maybe be a bit more friendly? That might help!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shivvy097
Jerri S, Manager at Columbia River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

As the Manager of the Columbia River Inn, I wanted to respond to this review. I was on duty the evening this guest came in to our motel to inquire if we had a vacancy. When I informed the guest that we did not have a vacancy, she and the rest of her group met in our parking lot to discuss where they were going to stay. Since it is my responsibility to clean the glass on the front entry way door during my shift, I was simply doing my job and in no way being disrespectful to this guest or her children. When I walked outside the office, I happened to notice the children of this group walking on top of our rock retaining wall. I simply asked the parents to get their children off the wall, as the rocks are very sharp and if one of the children were to slip and fall, they could be seriously injured. Again, no disrespect was ever intended towards this guest or her children.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We only stayed one night, but if you wanted to stay longer, it has lots to offer. A King bed was not available for the night I reserved, so we weren't as comfortable as we might have been, but we did have a jacuzzi in our room, which was nice after a long day of sightseeing. It is practically across the street from the dam's visitor center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple