Columbia River Inn
Coulee House Motel(Coulee Dam)
$99
Agoda.com
$139
$131
$83
All reviewslaser light showvisitor centergrand coulee damroom and comfortable bedsbad pointspepper jacknice hot tubrooms are smallthe entire propertycute hotelprivate deckfitness centercoffee potdirectly across the streetfantastic stayclose proximitycolumbia river
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The location of the hotel is just across from Grand Coulee Dam. The rooms are clean, ample parking, and a good sized pool. The woman at the front desk was wonderful and very helpful with area information. Only negative are the pillows, they are paper thin.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This motel is just across the street from the Grand Coulee Dam. The room I stayed in faced toward the back of the motel so it was trees at the front window and the dam from the deck at the back window. I was there as part of a bicycle tour of eastern Washington. The staff was helpful in getting our tour members settled in and in providing information about the area to us. My room was quiet. The bed was comfortable. The rooms were wood paneled. Nice touch. There were plenty of toiletries. I would definitely stay a the Columbia River Inn if in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I hadn't been to the Grand Coulee Dam since I was a kid and I had no expectations of what the town of Grand Coulee or the dam would be like. I chose the Columbia River Inn from a list of hotels I found on the internet because 'it looked good on paper'. The reservation process on the phone was fine but they did not remember the AAA discount once we got there. When we checked in the gal at the front desk seemed a bit frazzled and sort of abrupt but given a second chance a half an hour later for some advice on dinner places, she was very friendly and helpful. We had three separate rooms and each of us was very happy with our second floor room - all were light with a balcony, quite spacious, with 'relatively comfortable beds'. I can sleep anywhere so I'm not very fussy but my two companions had unpleasant sleeps the night before in Winthrop with very firm and uncomfortable beds. One of my companions said that the Columbia's 'wasn't bad' and the other said 'I only woke up once.' Both relative compliments. The room was very clean, the TV worked, and the rest of the furniture was light and complimentary to the room. And the location was perfect - right across from the dam. It would be nice to have breakfast included but we ate at the R&A for breakfast and it was fine. Finding an decent place for dinner was another story - really no choices at all in any of the little towns around there. Best bet - go to Safeway - get some wine and cheese and bread and have a picnic on the nice grounds by the river edge.

Room Tip: Upper room has a nice view especially if the trees aren't in full leaf. And they are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank CSL1972
Reviewed June 2, 2013

First off, I'd like to say that I'm a Grand Coulee native and have been back home many occasions and the ONLY hotel I would stay at is the Columbia River Inn. The entire staff is professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. The rooms are very comfortable, like being at home. The facilities are great and I would HIGHLY recommend this to everyone who plans to stay in the Grand Coulee/Coulee Dam area. The famous Grand Coulee Dam is a stones throw away and each night the put on a laser light show across the dam face.

Aaron S. Graham

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Aaron-S-Graham
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were well impressed with the Columbia River Inn. It was probably on of the best nights sleep I have had since our travels across the USA began 3 weeks ago. The location is ideal and the staff helpful and friendly. The wooden panneled rooms were well equipped and spacious and was great value for money. I would recommend this motel most highly.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple