We've stayed in many P et V properties previously and found them to be good. Howver this was a most disappointing visit. We stayed for two weeks in August 2007 in a two bedroom apartment in the Charleval block.
- Location: pretty good for getting to some v. nice parts of Provence. However, do not think you are staying in the nicest part of the Luberon, (such as Lacoste, Gordes, etc) this is the more agricultural/industrial part of Provence that starts at Avignon and works its way through Cavaillon. In fact, at the bottom of the slope of this village there is still a lot of wasteland that has not been developed or is left over from the development of the hydro-electric station nearby.The best part of the Luberon is the northern slopes - this is on the south. However, the views from the village are very good, though - the Luberon in the near distance and the canals nearby. You can drive o the beach near Marseille in about an hour and you have both Avignon and Aix within 45 mins.
- The village design and layout: very well designed - sort of "adult Disney". All built on a steep hill in the style of a real village with a village square. Don't expect to use bikes to get around, though (a la Center Parcs) as it is mainly steep steps and narrow pathways.
- Facilities and Sports: When this village opened and the facilities were new, I'm sure this was a top-notch place. But just too many things were not working - nothing major but a long list of minor things (such as the lights not working, showers not working at the 5-a-side pitch, the 5-a-side astro dangerously worn out, some of the items in the children's park not working...) that it gives the impression of either a lack of funds or a team that do not care. This place is not cheap and you should get decent facilities for your cash. The swimming pools were great (especially the wave pool) but, again, the lack of non-broken sunbeds sends the wrong message.
Apartment: this is where P et V have REALLY let down their customers. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment (supposedly for 6) even though there is just 3 of us. It was tiny. The double bed was not large enough for anyone over 5' 10" and both bedrooms were so small that there was little, if any, room to walk around the beds. Rather like a ferry ship cabin than an apartment. The living room was OK, with a sofa that can convert into another double bed. How on earth a family of 6 could live here for more than a night is anyone's guess, though! There was an outside terrace but it was dirty and covered in cobwebs and there were only 2 chairs to go with the table (3 people per chair?). Very disappointing.
- Service: poor. Checkin and reception staff were efficient and friendly. BUT, at the risk of sounding like a moaner, we had multiple probelms in our apartment (including a shower without any doors!!) that were never fixed in the 2 weeks we were there. At the end of the stay the manager gave us a 25% reduction but it really did spoil the whole thing for us.
This experience has really made us think twice before staying at a P et V residence again. Maybe my standards are too high - or maybe theirs are too low???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perché dans les hauteurs de la vallée de la Durance, à 30 km d'Aix-en-Provence et à 45 km d'Avignon, le Village Pont-Royal en Provence est un véritable havre de paix de 180 ha. Son emplacement privilégié vous offre une vue sur le massif du Luberon. Ses bâtisses provençales restituent le charme d'un village avec plusieurs restaurants et commerces. Appartements, maisons ou villas : vous avez le choix. Chaque jour sera l'occasion de nouvelles découvertes pour petits et grands. Glissades sur les toboggans géants, descentes de la rivière sauvage, piscine à vagues, pataugeoire. Les amateurs de golfs perfectionneront leur swing sur le superbe parcours 18 trous de Pont-Royal. Le cadre naturel vous invite pour une balade à cheval ou un stage d'équitation. Nous avons tout prévu pour prendre soin et divertir les plus jeunes dans nos clubs pour enfants de 3 mois à 17 ans N'oubliez pas de faire un tour au marché local de la place du village pour découvrir les spécialités provençales. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Village Pierre & Vacances Pont Royal en Provence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Resort Pont-Royal En Provence Hotel Mallemort
- Pierre And Vacances Resort Pont-Royal En Provence
- Village Pierre & Vacances Pont Royal En Provence Provence-Alpes-Cote D'Azur/Mallemort, France