La Maison sur la Sorgue - Esprit de France
Hotel Les Nevons(L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue)(Great Value!)
$99
Le Mas des Gres(Lagnes)(Great Value!)
$232
  • Pool
Le Domaine De La Petite Isle(L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue)(Great Value!)
$119
Grand Hotel Henri(L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue)
$248
$160
Orbitz.com
Hotel Les Terrasses by David et Louisa(L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue)(Great Value!)
$81
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Mas de Cure-Bourse(L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue)
$113
Hotels.com
Hotel Cantosorgue(L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue)
$94
Priceline
All reviewsmarie claudeboutique hotella maisonglass of wineart gallerythe ownerhis wifedinner reservationsown homeinteresting itemsspecial stayhotel is beautifulbreakfasts were wonderfulbeautifully restored mansiongourmet breakfasta huge balcony overlookingmulti level
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I spent two nights at La Maison in March to enjoy the Sunday market day and spoil myself a little. On entering the foyer there was an immediate sense of calm and tranquility. My 'Room with a View' was aptly named, once I had opened the shutters although, even then, the lighting was quite dim. However, it suited my mood of the moment. My hosts were charming and unobtrusive. Public parking was easy at that time of the year. The breakfast was really special - eaten in the kitchen area and comprising of the freshest of ingredients with a presentation that would be hard to beat. Yes, it was a little pricey but La Maison was everything it promised to be.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A very cosy, well located and pleasent hotel. Very personal and welcoming service by the owners, including recommendations for dining and touring. We had s problem with our rented car and received gull help to its resolution.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank David Y
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were told by friends to book in this hotel, and we thank them.
This boutique hotel has a theme : Art and Travel
There was a photos exhibition in the gallery, from a famous french photographer named Lucien Clergue
As we loved them we've bought from Marie and Frederic 2 of these marvelous portraits
we will be back for more exhibition and more visit in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fouad M
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed here during our south of France trip sometime ago. It looked very impressive on the pictures on the internet. Even though it's on the pricey side, at Euro300 per night, we decided to stay there because we were only in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue for 2 days. We didn't mind indulging ourselves a little on something unique.

When we arrived, we were each offered something to drink which was a nice gesture. The host seemed friendly. When we booked, we understood from information on the internet that there was a pool and so I was hoping that I could have a swim, especially it was in the middle of summer. To my disappointment the pool was no bigger than a large tub, certainly not possible for one to have a proper swim or do laps. I am used to small pools in hotel but this can hardly be called a pool.

The room was well-decorated and furnished, just like in the photos, and had a homely feel. We had a room where the bath area is at the mezzanine level, which is connected to the main area with a spiral staircase. That was quite unique of course. Insofar as the room (its set up, decor and level of comfort) is concerned, we were happy.

One thing that puts us off a little was the breakfast. We were given cooked eggs, some warm bread and croissants, yoghurt, coffee and a glass of fresh juice. The taste was good but overall, the portion of the breakfast was just not enough. At a price of Euro300 per night, one would expect a more generous breakfast serving at the very least.

Overall, while this "maison" is full of character and quirky in a positive way, we think it's a little over-priced. However, if money is not an object and you want a boutique hotel-style accommodation with stylish decor (but at the same time having rustic provencale feel), this may be the place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank FreshKim
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I chose La Maison sur la Sorgue for our stay in Provence in January after an extensive search and could have not been happier with our choice.
L'Isle sur la Sorgue is a charming, quaint town with excellent location to explore the area. The river adds so much beauty and character to the town.
And in this lovely town there is this amazing boutique hotel.
The minute we walked in we were mesmerized by its charm, elegant, beauty and dazzling pieces of antiques.
We stayed in the Room with a Loggia with its large terrace overlooking the village square.
It was beautifully designed and decorated with just perfect, relaxing lighting that was so soothing.
The shower was out of this world and I felt guilty for wanting to stay there for a long time. The towels were very good quality and bountiful in numbers and were changed every day- I always love that. We were so relaxed in the room and I think one reason was that there was not an ugly black box called TV, even though when we checked in we were offered one and we happily said NO.
You can tell what a charming place this is when you even want to take a picture of its toilet door:)
The breakfast was excellent and beautifully presented, you couldn't ask for more.
When you walk in the house there is a table with all kind of delicious local treats that I could not stay away.
The owner, Frederic, goes above and beyond of what anyone can expect, he stops at nothing to make your stay pleasurable and memorable. He is always there to help you in anything you want. We were offered complimentary drinks and had intelligent conversation with him- something you can not have in any 5 star hotels.
If you choose to stay in La Maison sur la Sorgue, you won't regret it.

Frederic and Marie, thank you for a lovely and unforgettable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple