“Very busy on Market day”
Review of Le Bellevue

Le Bellevue
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Very much the perfect location in I'sle sur la Sorgue, Le Bellevue spans over two floors and spills outside for river side dining. At 2pm on market day the restaurant was absolutely heaving, however the waiter made sure we got a table even though we had to wait around 15 minutes (not bad at all). The waiters were all running around like chickens extremely busy but very efficient. The size of the restaurant and the location made me weary that it would just be a tourist trap, however I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. We went for menu of the day with three courses and everything was delicious, especially the apple tart for dessert.

There are newer reviews for Le Bellevue

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our final stop during a self-drive tour including Roussillon, Joucas, Gordes, was L'Isle-Sur-La-Sorges. As we wandered about town and being rather hungry, we were going to try out a Rick Steves recommendation at the eastern end of the waters, but it was closed (we were in the town on a Tuesday, non-market day). But, we spied La Bellevue, beautifully situated right on the water next door, and were promptly seated and provided with a menu and option to order our wine.

My wife and I both opted for the salade Nicoise, and it was a perfect mid-day survival meal. Not being experts on this particular dish, we did note an absence of potato, but there was plenty of fresh lettuce, tomatoes, anchovies, olives, radish, onions and of course tuna, red and green peppers, light mix of olive oil and vinaigrette, to qualify as being a nice meal.

It would be difficult based on our single visit here to grant the establishment anything less than a perfect rating...it was quiet, beautifully situated, the service and food were great. No doubt our travels will not bring us back to this truly beautiful area of the world, but for those who follow us, we think you also would be pleased to dine at La Bellevue.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed two meals at Le Bellevue Restaurant in Isle sur la Sorgue. A beautiful, relaxing location by the river, the restaurant also had courteous service and good food. We split an abundant salad and dined on delicious fresh trout accompanied by a nice rose wine.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This restaurant has a prime spot on the waterside, but as is was cool, we decided to sit inside. There was only one other couple, sitting by the window, but we were shown to the table close by them, so close that it was difficult to take our seats. Shortly afterwards, a third couple were similarly shoe-horned into an adjacent table. My wife, who knows about these things, said it was to make the place look busy from the outside. The maitre d' (?) who showed us to our table and eventually took our order looked as if he was part-timing from the mafia, so one was reluctant to complain. Asking what the plats du jour were,he pointed to a chalkboard outside, across the street and behind me, as if I was stupid not to have seen it. How much nicer it would have been to indulge me and read it to me. (Having gone to university in France, I seem to spend a lot of time defending French waiters, etc, but perhaps the people who complain about them do have a point).
The food was unmemorable, the service generally mediocre. Not somewhere to recommend.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

this is one of our favourite places for lunch in the south of france. we are always made to feel welcome, the food is good and if there is any problem the staff are more than willing to sort things out. the ambience and aspect of the place is lovely and i have nothing but happy memories of here, especially madame and her family.