“uninteresting”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Luzern, Switzerland
“uninteresting”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had lunch on a cool day: The garden is charming in its oldfashioned style, but the steel chairs and concrete tables are certainly uncomfortable in the absence of any sort of cushions. The service does not seem to care much for casual visitors. The one-lunch-fits-all was presented without any explanation. We did not really feel welcome, while the fuss made around the habituees, some of whom received different dishes, took on the style of a small comedy performance. The guests were mostly from the troisime-age-villa-en-provence hugging the chef crowd, hung with gold chains. The food was rather plainly composed (marinated salmon, duck breast, strawberry baba), ok, but in no way worth remembering. My recollection of a number of previous vistis in other years was much more positive. Altogether a place where you can go when you are hungry, but not for an innovative experience. I doubt that I will be atrracted again.

• Visited September 2012

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible!! Dont Eat Here!!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Let me start by saying that i spent the following 24 hours on the toilet. Myself and my wife do not speech french. When we arrived and sat down we got the eyes rolling and tutting from the moody waitress who because we spoke English. If we had received a menu to order from we could have ordered in French. However, we finally found out that it was set menu only. It was basically four courses of fish and shellfish. Not other options. I am from a Jewish family so not having the option of not ordering shellfish is not acceptable. Secondly, the cod course was raw. Awful cooking and service. At one point a french couple sitting on another table were miraculously served meat.

In short dont go there if you arent french, dont like fish, or dont like getting poisoned.

I think this was the worst meal i have ever been served.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ben W
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
“Charming Gardens”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

On a market day Sunday myself and my twelve guests dined at this lovely restaurant. I had called and requested outdoor dining and it was truly lovely in the gardens. The staff was lovely and helpful despite our language differences The Chef came and greeted us at our table and explained our courses to us. One of my guests is a famous French chef and a James Beard award winner and he was quite impressed with the food and wine selection. Its a market fresh menu with limited choices but they were quite accommodating to one of my guests food needs.I would say the charm ,the food and the wine make this restaurant a wonderful choice when visiting this charming town.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank MandeeLand
Sydney
“A relaxing meal after touring all day”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

What a beautiful location very tranquil and relaxing. The meal was absolutely delicious and left us very full. Presentation was above average and service was pretty good. The one thing I thought was a bit average was we were served two out of four fish meals. It didn't worry us at the time as they were both very different but we would have never ordered two fish meals so I think it was strange to prepare a menu that way.
Otherwise we thought it delicious and economical and resetting in the middle of summer was perfect.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bambinobells
Hergiswil, Switzerland
“Very good restaurant”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had the opportunity to eat at Le Jardin du quai. Service was very kind, food was great and so was the wine.
The restaurant has a very good value for money.

Visited June 2012