“Not Worth the Abuse!”

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Not Worth the Abuse!”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Although I don't like to write bad reviews, the waitress here was so shockingly rude, I thought it warrants this. We thought the pasta was decent but the salad tired & wine value poor. She quite clearly pretended she could not understand us and fetched the owner once - who incidently was friendly & helpful. It was a painful and infuriating experience. The wine service was appalling - likely intentionally. The food quality was certainly not worth putting up with the rudeness. If you have the time, make the 20 - 30 minute drive up the road to Chateauneuf du Pape where excellent food and wine abound and tourists are welcomed.

Massachusetts
“A Great Place To Go For Italian!”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

A staff member at La Maison Sur la Sorgue recommended this new restaurant which is beside the famous Cafe de France across from the church. My husband and I had a wonderful meal of home made pasta. We both had their special of 4 HUGE ravioli/tortellini each with a different filling. Our waiter was top notch and seemed to have as much fun practicing his English with us as we did struggling with our French. We got the impression that this restaurant is very popular among locals too. Lots of people seemed to know the wait staff and were haggling to get a table. We arrived at 8:45 for our reservation and it was already packed! We had a great bottle of wine and I think it was only about $17EU. Our tab was under $50EU. I think that's really reasonable.

Too full for desserts but they looked absolutely wonderful as well. I know they're closed on Sunday evening because if they weren't, we would have gone back on our second night.