“Superb sunday lunch”
Review of Le Vivier

Le Vivier
Reserve with
Le Vivier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since 2005 our Michelin starred restaurant offers a refined & sophisticated cuisine and exceptional wine list LOCATED JUST OUTSIDE THE VILLAGE OUR TEAM WELCOMES YOU AT LE VIVIER "THE FISH POND" The restaurant has an urban vibe with a spacious room, large windows provide great Sorgue River views, in the summer you can dine on our shaded terrace and hear the gentle splash of an old water mill Often surprising our cuisine is based on the on the best seasonal ingredients. Ambitious, creative, flavorful ...complex without being fussy.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I had lunch her on September 16th. All the terrific reviews in Tripadvisor are right on the mark. The food and it's presentation are excellent as is the service. Sitting outside next to the water is idyllic. My wife had the pork and I had the signature pigeon pie. Both were excellent. For those who do not care for dark meat in their poultry, which has a strong "dark meat" taste, I would recommend choosing something different. I enjoyed mine very much, but it was a little too strong for her taste. We both started with the lobster in a pureed pea reduction, which was wonderful. The range of desserts should satisfy anyone, and the selection of small pastries that are served with the after dinner coffee are also excellent. For a Michelin one star restaurant, you won't be disappointed. We had the 3 course menu lunch at 50 Euros each without wine. It was an excellent meal at a fair price.

There are newer reviews for Le Vivier

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This gem is really hidden away. Even if someone tells you where it is, you are almost guaranteed to pass it up requiring a U-Turn. There is good reason that they have earned a Michelin Star. Its the food! We stopped at there today for Sunday lunch, probably the main meal for a Sunday and suprised we were. We selected the special Sunday lunch menu which was 3 courses for 50 EU. The thought that went into the paring of the different foods was extraordinary. The presentation was amazing - almost too exceptional to eat. All 4 of us were taking photos of each of the 3 courses and again of the complimentary pastries that were served with expresso (we almost never do that). The service matched the food. Every dish was carefully explained in great detail when served in the most professional way. I'd have stay that this was one of those great dinners that will stay in your memory for a long time. The only thing that could have made it better is if we didn't come on a day when the Mistral winds were blowing. This prevented us from sitting outside on the river. Other than that, perfection! If your in the area, this is a restaurant not to miss.

1  Thank Jerry34134
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The atmosphere of this restaurant is beautiful and there are abundant staff to serve you,but when our main course arrived, no one came to find out if all was okay.Our fish was disgusting and my husband could not eat his meal.When he did come,he looked at the fish and quickly took it away to the kitchen,apologized,agreed that the fish was not proper.He offered to bring another meal but our meal was already over.The waiter (owner)did not correct the situation appropriately,after being charged incorrectly for an apertif that we did not order.We should not have been charged for that meal which was not right.I found them to be rude.

3  Thank Toby L
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was probably one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The flavours and textures combined to give one a gastronomic experience extraordinaire. The tapas starter is a must as this gives you a sample of their starter menu where everything is a surprise. I had the giant sea bass as a main whilst my husband had the famous pigeon pie. Both were delicious. The desserts were also a treat. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was excellent. This is a restaurant I will definitely visit agin if we should pass this way again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have eaten here several times and continues to be the most interesting and delicious experience in this area. This is high end creative cuisine and not remotely Provencal. There are many good Provencal places in the village but this is something quite different. Go to their website and read the menus. It will clarify my review. For foodies who want Special, do not hesitate. Service is perfect, great wine list. A bit expensive but worth it.