“Will definitely go again!”

Desert Adventures - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$148.99*
and up
Lake Mead Stand-Up Paddleboarding Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a full service outdoor adventure company. Our trips include kayaking, canoeing, stand-up-paddle boarding, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, ATV tours and horseback riding. Our adventures are available in areas such as Zion, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon as well as the entire Lake Mead National Recreation Area. We specialize in guided trips from beginner to advanced, but we also have self guided trips, equipment rentals, wilderness medicine courses, and lessons available in most all of the disciplines. We have availability daily with free transportation from the Las Vegas strip available with all of our guided tours. We also have corporate and large (15+) group tours available.
Ingleside, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Will definitely go again!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

When our party of 6, booked the 1/2 day Lake Mead kayak trip, I have to say I was a little reluctant (okay, a lot!) due to me being a newbie to the kayak experience. In meeting our guide, Mac, I was immediately put at ease that I could do this! From the start, he was informative not only about kayaking but the area as well. It being 104 degrees, Mac made sure we all remembered to stay hydrated, apply our SPF, and a shot from a water gun to stay cool. The landscape and waters were beautiful. We walked away feeling that this was one of the most memorable experiences we've had, and will definitely do it again, me especially, I loved it!

Visited June 2014

Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
“Best day of our whole trip!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

What an outstanding team of people! We had the best time kayaking and hiking. Isaac made the day fun and had a wealth of information to share. Will definitely be back for more!!

Ankeny, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Well worth the money!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Get away and from the hustle and bustle of the strip! This tour is well worth the money, they are very accommodating. The full day black canyon tour is just spectacular. Regina is an awesome tour guide. The hot springs are gorgeous and relaxing. The views are spectacular. You will have to put forth some effort with paddling and hiking. Make sure to use Sun screen and bring a good attitude!

Sydney
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great day in the beautiful wilderness”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We took the Black Canyon day trip. The day starts at the foot of the Hoover Dam after descending the steep construction road. The view looking at the dam is even more dramatic than looking down!
Our guide, Mac, was friendly, helpful, informative, chatty and fun. I am an experienced kayaker, but shared a double with my wife who is a novice, and several other of the party of 6 were also novices. There are lessons to get people started and everyone got the hang of it quickly.
The padding was actually very easy due to a combination of the downstream current and a steady tailwind. I understand it can be a lot more difficult with a headwind.
There are frequent stops to for short hikes up side canyons. (Hint - make sure you have the right footwear - suitable for wading through water, and clambering over rocks. I had reef shoes, but they were not substantial enough).
Each side canyon is different, but beautiful and interesting in it's own way. Most feature some type of hot spring/bath/shower/waterfall and there is even a natural sauna cave.
From start to finish, it was interesting, beautiful, professionally run and always fun.
Very highly recommended!

Visited April 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Took my sister and 13-year-old niece on the guided full-day Black Canyon kayaking trip when they came to visit from Connecticut. My sister kayaks in Long Island Sound on a regular basis, but I had never even been in a kayak before. The guided tour turned out to be amazing for both experience levels. There were six of us total on the tour, plus two guides--Jake, our official guide, and Scott, who was still training on this route. Both Jake and Scott were incredibly helpful, informative, patient, and personable. Given that this was my first time in a kayak AND it was a double kayak with my niece, I was particularly relieved to have two people who could provide guidance, giving my sister the freedom to focus on the trip and not on my need for instruction. So the kayaking itself went smoothly, allowing us to truly enjoy the sites and scenery: sauna cave, hot springs, wild flowers, Desert Bighorn Sheep, geological formations, Emerald Cave,.... I had been quite trepidatious about taking such a relatively long trip as a novice, but I needn't have been. It was an absolutely wonderful experience, and well worth the expense, which seemed more and more reasonable as the day went on and we realized what a well-planned, well-led, all-inclusive tour we were on.

Visited April 2014