Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Desert Adventures - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Desert Adventures - Day Tours
from $224.99
from $159.00
from $159.00
More Info
All reviews hot springs black canyon colorado river bike ride willow beach dry bags emerald cave head wind great trip an amazing guide rock climbing self guided hoover dam big horn sheep launch site turkey sandwich great stories
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I took the day kayaking trip and it was GREAT! Our guide was professional, friendly, and never did rush us. The whole staff was excellent!

I would do this trip again but next time it's going to be for more than 1 day!

1  Thank Danny R
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Signed up for a one day kayak trip down the Black Canyon Colorado River near the Hoover Dam. This is about about a 12 mile kayak ride down the river. We had a guide (Antonio) that took us down the river and stops along the way to check out beautiful hot springs of different temperatures. This was a GREAT trip I highly recommend it. The guide we had was very knowledgable about the area and really knows his stuff. Its a easy, relaxing 12 miles down the river. A lot of fun!! Desert Adventures rocks!! Will be back again on our next journey in Nevada....

1  Thank rwolin5293
Reviewed August 1, 2012

While planning a trip to Vegas, I knew I wanted to get off the strip and get outdoors. A few clicks later and I stumbled on their website. I was picking a trip for the beginning of August so I called and got some advice about which trip to pick. The people who answer the phone are really friendly and made a great suggestion. We ended up booking the Surf and Turf biking and kayaking trip. Everything about the trip was perfect. The shuttle from the hotel was right on time, the guide was friendly and easy to get along with. They provided all the gear and even lunch. We honestly had a blast for eight hours, stopping to take pictures and take in the beautiful views. I can't say enough about the company's attention to detail, the super friendly staff and the great little touches that made this a really special trip. I'd book again in a heart beat.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband and I rented a kayak for a full day self-guided tour. There are mile markers along the river and you can tell where the pull-outs are. Using the map, you can do this on your own if you are interested. We kayaked 12 miles, took a few of the hikes, and really enjoyed our day on the river. The hikes to the waterfall and hot spring pools were really unique and fun. The wind really picked up in the afternoon and we were paddling against the wind. It was pretty tiring by the end, but we made it in plenty of time (In fact, we made it an hour before our scheduled take-out time). After kayaking, it's about an hour drive back to Vegas, so don't plan to do too much early that evening. Really fun, unique day.

Date of experience: June 2012
1  Thank michelle s
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My Soccer team from Georgia had a Kayak tour on April 16th and had a wonderful time. Antonio was fantastic at explaining the history and natural aspects of the area. It really made our tour outstanding! Mike and Antonio worked well as a team.

Antonio also promoted some of your other adventures and we will be back next year to take advantage of them! A great lunch, snacks and unlimited fresh water was provided!
I highly recommend Desert Adventures and hope to come back for an overnight kayaking/camping trip! http://www.kayaklasvegas.com

Thanks