“Awesome day!!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$138.99*
and up
Black Canyon Hike and Desert Hot Springs Day Trip...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a full service outdoor adventure company. Our trips include kayaking, canoeing, stand-up-paddle boarding, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, ATV tours and horseback riding. Our adventures are available in areas such as Zion, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon as well as the entire Lake Mead National Recreation Area. We specialize in guided trips from beginner to advanced, but we also have self guided trips, equipment rentals, wilderness medicine courses, and lessons available in most all of the disciplines. We have availability daily with free transportation from the Las Vegas strip available with all of our guided tours. We also have corporate and large (15+) group tours available.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our guide made a most memorable trip for us. Myself and three other ladies did the 12 mile kayak trip down the Colorado river starting out at the bottom of the hoover dam. Laurie our guide was very knowledgable about the terrain, history and plants. She took us on some side canyon short hikes to hotsprings and then to the beautiful emerald caves . I would highly recommend this trip to anyone looking for a great day of sight seeing and adventure. PS- you won't go hungry the lunch they provided was delicious and plenty.

All reviews
"van ride"
"turkey sandwich"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I took the day kayaking trip and it was GREAT! Our guide was professional, friendly, and never did rush us. The whole staff was excellent!

I would do this trip again but next time it's going to be for more than 1 day!

1  Thank Danny R
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Signed up for a one day kayak trip down the Black Canyon Colorado River near the Hoover Dam. This is about about a 12 mile kayak ride down the river. We had a guide (Antonio) that took us down the river and stops along the way to check out beautiful hot springs of different temperatures. This was a GREAT trip I highly recommend it. The guide we had was very knowledgable about the area and really knows his stuff. Its a easy, relaxing 12 miles down the river. A lot of fun!! Desert Adventures rocks!! Will be back again on our next journey in Nevada....

1  Thank rwolin5293
Reviewed August 1, 2012

While planning a trip to Vegas, I knew I wanted to get off the strip and get outdoors. A few clicks later and I stumbled on their website. I was picking a trip for the beginning of August so I called and got some advice about which trip to pick. The people who answer the phone are really friendly and made a great suggestion. We ended up booking the Surf and Turf biking and kayaking trip. Everything about the trip was perfect. The shuttle from the hotel was right on time, the guide was friendly and easy to get along with. They provided all the gear and even lunch. We honestly had a blast for eight hours, stopping to take pictures and take in the beautiful views. I can't say enough about the company's attention to detail, the super friendly staff and the great little touches that made this a really special trip. I'd book again in a heart beat.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband and I rented a kayak for a full day self-guided tour. There are mile markers along the river and you can tell where the pull-outs are. Using the map, you can do this on your own if you are interested. We kayaked 12 miles, took a few of the hikes, and really enjoyed our day on the river. The hikes to the waterfall and hot spring pools were really unique and fun. The wind really picked up in the afternoon and we were paddling against the wind. It was pretty tiring by the end, but we made it in plenty of time (In fact, we made it an hour before our scheduled take-out time). After kayaking, it's about an hour drive back to Vegas, so don't plan to do too much early that evening. Really fun, unique day.

1  Thank michelle s