“Wonderful Staff and Great Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Evan's Old Town Grille

Evan's Old Town Grille
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Boulder City
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: Welcome to Evan's Old Town Grille, or just "Evan's" -as the locals say! Located in the downtown and historic district of Boulder City, we've been successful thanks to a healthy and vibrant mixture of travelers from around the world and -our favorites- the always friendly and loyal locals! We're known as a place where friends meet -and given that our extensive menu includes meals ranging from classic chicken entrees, to fresh salads, house specialities, fresh-cut seafood, make-your-own pasta dishes, kid's dishes, and "always something Greek," it's no surprise that friends meet often at our place. So, if you're new, come on in. Check it out. Meet a friend, or as is one of the greatest charms of Boulder City, make a new one in a matter of minutes by just walking in. If you've been to the restaurant before, welcome back. It's good to see you again!
Henderson, Nevada
“Wonderful Staff and Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great Staff.Food was excellent. We ordered the Gyro, and it was really good.

Friendly staff and I love the "Home Town" feel.

Will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KRLathouris, Manager at Evan's Old Town Grille, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for visiting us and for your review! We look forward to seeing you again. Also, based on your positive feedback about our gyros, we want to let you know that we have other Greek dishes available on Wednesday nights too. Thank you again!

Henderson, Nevada
“Still one of the best in Boulder City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Evan and Vicki are the best restaurant managers I have know in many years. Food is always good, the restaurant is always clean, including the menu's, and the staff are very friendly. And they are friendly because the owner is friendly and takes good care of his staff. My lunch of their Greek salad with gyro meat was excellent, just the right amount of dressing, plenty of fresh Feta cheese, and the gyro meat was juicy and tender. Will return there most any time. Good lunch and dinner, closed Sundays & Mondays. Evan will do catering. Difficult for large groups.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KRLathouris, Manager at Evan's Old Town Grille, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your positive review! Reading reviews like yours make work feel less like work, but rather more of what we strive to make our business: A place where friends meet. It's always nice to hear when a job has been done well, and hearing that it has been makes us want to continue to do it all the more.

We truly appreciate your comments on our managerial style, especially because Evan and Vicki take a personal stake in the restaurant. It's a family-owned and operated business, and they view the restaurant as a reflection of themselves. For them, it's not enough to be owners, they want to be there for both the customers and the staff. Even the staff -and quite a bit of customers too- who aren't direct family start to feel like family after awhile!

Thank you, and we hope to see you again soon!
“Never a bad meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have lived here for some time and this is one of our most favorite restaurants in town. I dont care what day of the week but this place will get busy especially if we have a event in town. If you like lamb i highly suggest the lamp chops. The place is very small on the inside but the atmosphere is great. The wait staff has always been great and we have never and i mean never had a bad meal here.

Visited December 2012
KRLathouris, Manager at Evan's Old Town Grille, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! It seems that you are very familiar with Boulder City, which is why we appreciate all the more you taking the time to visit and recommend us. Lamb is definitely one of our own personal favorites (Evan being born and raised in Greece and all), so we're very happy to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We hope that you visit us again soon, and we wish you a happy holiday season! Thank you again!
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Went to Evan's for dinner last night. I ordered the vegetarian pasta, two friends ordered the steak and the pork chops. My pasta dish was okay but I've had MUCH better. Portions were substantial, but food overall was just average. Service was good. I liked the pictures of the Hoover dam construction hanging on the walls. Evan's isn't bad, but I probably will try some other places in town before I return. Like I said - average for a small town.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KRLathouris, Manager at Evan's Old Town Grille, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for visiting our restaurant and taking the time to review us. Also, thank you for your compliments regarding our service and atmosphere, they are greatly appreciated! Based on your review, it sounds like you ordered the Vegetarian Sundance. I apologize that you found the dish average, but I will take your review to heart and will reevaluate the current preparation of the dish in order to improve it. I hope to make your return visit better than the last!
Henderson, Nevada
“It's fine cooking, not home cooking!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I recently revisited what I think is one of the best restaurants in Boulder City, Evan's. A friend and I had really fine meals for a very reasonable price. I had the "light bite" broiled chicken breast, which was exceptionally tender and flavorful - and I'm not ordinarily a fan of chicken breast. My entree came with a side salad (I had the Greek; very fresh, with lots of variety and a great dressing), sauteed summer squash (still crisp; perfectly cooked), and fresh fruit. My companion had the chicken parmesan and ate every bite. "Sooooo good," he said. Despite my meal's "lite" serving size I still took home leftovers and could only wish I'd had room for dessert. Evan's is small and kind of a local's secret, but well worth the drive away from the Las Vegas Strip. They know their business - from the wait staff to the kitchen.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KRLathouris, Manager at Evan's Old Town Grille, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for revisiting us! Based on your profile, it seems that you are from Henderson... and we think that's great! We think that it's wonderful when people from both Henderson and Las Vegas come to Boulder City to experience the local and family-operated business atmosphere that it has to offer. Not only that, but it's a great place to get away to with family and friends... and it's close by too!

Thank you for meeting your friend at our restaurant. It pleases us to hear that you were both happy with your meals. Your detailed review and compliments will help us to reinforce the type of dining experience that has and will continue to make you happy. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!