“Hometown Diner”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 6, 2015

I am a BC resident, and go here often. The food and service is always great. The portions are huge. Love the onion rings. I never have room for dessert, lol. I have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner here, and the menus have something for everyone.

Date of visit: November 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed November 4, 2015

We had hamburgers, which were good, but not spectacular. The iced tea was very good.

When I visited the restroom, there was a dish of cucumber and something, looked messy, labeled do not eat. My husband saw a similar product in his restroom, plus a sign saying this was meant as a handwashing product to try. That sign was not hanging in my bathroom, so I just saw a plate of slop. I wouldn't have tried it anyway.

Service was speedy, and food came out of the kitchen quickly. My plain hamburger had to go back to the kitchen to get turned plain, but it was remedied promptly.

Reviewed November 3, 2015

The outside of this place intrigued us as we were driving through Boulder City. They have outside seating, which would have been very nice. We had a large party, so we sat inside, which was nice too. The menu has a good variety, and the portions were very large. Stop on in here for a nice meal if you are heading through Boulder City, NV.

Reviewed November 2, 2015

I got The Everything Sandwich (minus the bacon which I gave to my husband) with a side of Those Potatoes. The sandwich was very good but I was left wondering what all the hype was about Those Potatoes - I didn't even finish them and needed ketchup to help with the ones I did eat.

Date of visit: October 2015
Sara F, Owner at Southwest Diner, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2015

Hello Tammy,

We are happy that you were more than satisfied with the majority of the food we served you. We were surprised to hear your observations about “Those Potatoes” as this is one of our most beloved menu items. We apologize that they were not quite to your liking but we do hope you had brought this concern to the attention of your server so we could serve you a dish that would better hit the spot. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to your next experience with us!

Reviewed October 30, 2015

The service is great, someone will take care of your drinks while another one will come to pamper you with the food. The taste is so good and compare with other places the quality is great. Prices are also really good.