“Our Favorite Place to Eat in Boulder!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Southwest Diner

Southwest Diner
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Boulder City
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newbury Park, California
“Our Favorite Place to Eat in Boulder!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

We have eaten here the last 3 years in August on our annual river trip to Black Canyon and each time has been a great experience. Great food and friendly service. A must to eat at when in Boulder City!

Visited August 2014

• Czech first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Friday dinner date”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

We are locals and frequent here often. Never disappointed! Great food and good service at a good price and we don't have to leave town !

Melbourne, Australia
“Authentic American Diner Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

On a recent visit to the Hoover Dam whilst staying in Las Vegas, I chanced across this fine Diner.
It serves a wide range of excellent food at Breakfast and lunch and represents exceptional value for money. The service is excellent (as it tends to be in America) and the food was outstanding of its type. There were good 'healthy' options as well as the traditional American ' not-so-healty' offerings; e.g The Hash Brown that you don't know whether to eat or build a house on. My son had the Denver Omelet and hash Brown. I had eggs and Canadian Bacon.
It is good to see that the American Diner is alive and well in Boulder City.

• Visited July 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wish they gave a rating of ZERO”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

Wow! Two words - DON'T GO! I was just surprised that pretty much the only good thing about our meal was the toast. They don't have American Cheese - fine - so ordered biscuits & gravy. Yuck! The waitress - Hailee - was having a bad day and decided to order my side order of hash browns late. So they cook it on the fly which isn't good.

They make their potatoes like a fettuccini noodle - looks great! But you have to have the time to cook something like that. It's really gotta cook through. They weren't so they were cold and greasy and half cooked.

Absolutely nothing remarkable about the place. I would just say there has GOT to be someplace better than this place out of ALL of the places to eat in Boulder City. We aren't even picky eaters - if it's half way decent, I wouldn't of taken the time to write this.

The thing is - it was horrible. The waitress was just a snotty you know what too. Even the girl at the cash register was rude. I would be mortified as an owner to know that my employees were that apathetic about their job. Oh yeah, and the bus boy was cleaning our table and taking the tip before we even got AWAY from the table. We left $3.00. I think that was too much.

• Visited August 2014
Boulder City, Nevada
“Great little diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is one of the better restaurants in Boulder City - great food - excellent service, at least by the young man - and not all that expensive, $60 with tip for my family of 5. The drinks are served in large mason jars and the pancakes are gigantic - the size of a dinner plate! The major thing I find negative about this place are the flies :( they're everywhere. But only because there are so many people coming in and out of the front door. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited August 2014